Sign in to follow this  
tallnlow

4 8’s in a Tahoe

Has anyone ran 4 8’s in a ported box in a Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade? I want to run 2 12’s ported but due to lack of air space, the box needs to be less than 3.5 cubic feet which leads me to 4 8’s ported. I’m going for both SQ and SPL. I’m not trying to go for numbers, I just need more output than my current two NVX VSW 124’s I have sealed.

Also, any recommendations besides sundown for 8’s? Looking to spend less than $150 a sub, wattage doesn’t matter to much. Just looking for a good 8 that sounds great that will get loud and decently low in a ported box.

3.5cu total or after all displacement? Going to be tuff filling that cabin with very little cone area. I would try and squeeze a quality 15 in with like 2k. Dc xl like small ported but will need 3.5 after displacement. Are you trying to put it behind 3rd row and still have room for groceries?

if youre looking at spending $600 on woofers, i think you could do far better with one good 12 and a wickedly good box

Depends on what power u have but I’d rather have a high powered 12” in a ported box. Like a xv2 or zv5 etc :yumyum:

4 e8v5 would slam

Somebody post a drawing for a box - I’d love to put one in my Yukon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should of been a little more specific. The Tahoe is bagged and body dropped. The rear is completely tubbed and sheet metal’d. Here’s a few pictures.

Basically what I’m going to be doing putting my box on top of the notch cover, where my current air management is. I’m moving that somewhere else. I have a plan for how everything is going to look. The reason why I thought of 4 8’s is because aesthetically, they’ll look good. I am more than willing to stick with 12’s or even a single 15. I listen to mostly reggae, hip hop, old school, rock every now and then. I’m looking for good sound quality for my normal listening, but also be able to turn up the bass when I’m cruising around. Keep in mind, I listen to mostly reggae, so i’d Like subs that play low and don’t mind playing higher in the bass spectrum.

It’s just about 3.5 cubic feet before any displacement, but I’m able to do an external port which will save a lot of space. Wattage wise, I’m pretty open to anything under 3,000w.

Pics don’t open

a64be7416fe9da5b73240325ad87b96a.jpg9c59a768bfef63b70fd9695e881c1274.jpg

This is my current setup. If I kept the subs in that location, I could run almost any sub I want too but it really ***** not having storage space. f78cd804818041fb9b5120ed93a54701.jpg

buy a pair of these on pre-order and let us know how they do.

i follow this company on facebook, looks like they make some pretty high quality drivers, albeit expensive, but appear to be good quality.

but $250 for a really nice 8 isn't too bad...

3.5cu total or after all displacement? Going to be tuff filling that cabin with very little cone area. I would try and squeeze a quality 15 in with like 2k. Dc xl like small ported but will need 3.5 after displacement. Are you trying to put it behind 3rd row and still have room for groceries?

Wouldn’t 4 8’s be similar to 2 12’s in cone area? Also more motor power? Especially being 2 12’s sealed vs 4 8’s ported?

4 8's in 3.5 cubes ported, can tell ya right now ain't gon' happen. What is your exact measurements to work with? You may have to settle for a single ported 10 or a few 8's.

Wouldn’t 4 8’s be similar to 2 12’s in cone area? Also more motor power? Especially being 2 12’s sealed vs 4 8’s ported?

4 8s is about 200sq inches of cone area and 2 12s is about 226sq inches. The 12s have slightly more cone area

4 8's in 3.5 cubes ported, can tell ya right now ain't gon' happen. What is your exact measurements to work with? You may have to settle for a single ported 10 or a few 8's.

I’ll get those measurements tonight. If I remember right, It was around that 3.5 Cubes. I can always stick with sealed subs if I have too, but if I have the option to run a ported enclosure with the right subs, proper box design I will.

Also thank you to everyone who’s commented. I appreciate it.

if you need a box design and help with fitting as much woofer as possible in a given space, hit me up

if you need a box design and help with fitting as much woofer as possible in a given space, hit me up

Are you back to designing?!

Are you back to designing?!

yes, at the moment. le bootiful sunshine haz inspired

Nice man. I built my 1st t-line last year....with the help of CSCStang.