DC Audio Level 3 10s, what do you think?

As per the title. Considering 2 DC Audio L3 10's in a ported box, 1 cuft devoted to each. Tuning somewhere in the low 30's, I forget. What's the word? Are these bangers?
what about 1 U 12 (instead of 15 i mentioned earlier) with sq 2250 amp?

I honestly hated my dc level 3s.
Why? I'll probably use something else...been looking at Incriminator a bit. Might end up sticking with Sundown just for the value.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

but daytons would be better right? (he asked me about those too)
I'm not planning to use Daytons for the subs in my Sedan. Thanks for getting the info from these guys!

what about 1 U 12 (instead of 15 i mentioned earlier) with sq 2250 amp?
I been looking at the U series. I've got enough space for a box with about 2 cuft of internal space. The question I'm asking myself is whether it's even worth the money to upgrade to a U-12 coming from an SA-12. My sedan is using factory electrical so I can't add more power than I already have (1.2k watts).

I wouldn't touch DC below LV5. 5 and 6 have been pretty solid platforms, not even sure about LV5 anymore with the oddball size voice coil. Get V1 level 5 or any level 6 or shop elsewhere.

Insanely overpriced for what you get. Should be a $120 subwoofer IMO.
That's the thing...if you try to buy anything made in the USA it's going to cost at least 50% more. It's just hard to beat the quality of SA- series drivers at this price point. I been feeding 1.2k to my SA-12 for months now, and no matter how hard I push it, it never even gets warm. Hits harder with every turn of the volume knob, so it's good quality gear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.