I have four door speakers.

I recently learned most of the top end companies are now china crap

I need to know what amp to get for my 12” FI Q

And

1 is twisted sounds

What?

u asked for top 5 twisted sounds gotta be in there they have a 2.8k amp that tested at 4k..

Crossfire, dd, b2, sundown, alphard K line

asking for the top five is going to make your budget seem massive hence why i asked your budget

mmats is probably what id get if i had an unlimited budget

Sorry guys

I honestly have no idea what good amps are now days

useless without letting us know whats your budget.

Budget= $350 max for the amp

350 max for the amp will require you to get a 200 dollar 2ndary battery and 50 dollars for a big 3 upgrade kit which total to 600 dollars total. There's no avoiding electrical upgrades when you have a sub like an FI Q. If your car has a sh*tty stock alt then you are looking at a 400-800 dollar alternator upgrade as well on top of that 600.

Sorry guys

I honestly have no idea what good amps are now days

There's a handful of brands who still do R&D and there may be a couple that actually build their amps in the first world.

Budget= $350 max for the amp

So you're probably not looking for the top brand at this price point if you're trying to buy new. IMO a 1200-1500W amp should hang off of factory electrical well enough so I wouldn't think you'll need to get too crazy with auxiliary batteries or high output alternators. There's going to be a dozen "brands" that are basically the same Korean class D boards in different heat sinks. Any of them should serve you well enough. More importantly be sure you get a proper box built for that Q if you want good results here.

You only need one thread to figure this amp selection out.

It would be easy to just grab a 2k amp but it takes power to make power.

Is this a new Q or older one

Is it upgraded

The correct box built for it

asking for the top five is going to make your budget seem massive hence why i asked your budget

mmats is probably what id get if i had an unlimited budget

What's the deal with mmats? I know two things: 1) Expensive. 2) Claims to make amps in their own shop in Florida.

u asked for top 5 twisted sounds gotta be in there they have a 2.8k amp that tested at 4k..

They intentionally underrate their amps to make them look better than they are. They are straight Zenon builds from a catalog.

They are NOT the top amp maker in the world... that would require engineers being on the payroll IMHO.

I need to know what amp to get for my 12” FI Q

And

Just because it was built in China doesnt it mean its crap. It can be built their to a high standard, it's who designed the amp is the most important question. Take a look at your Apple products... Not one is built in the USA, Korea, Europe etc... and they make nice high end gear. But it was all designed here.

Just because it was built in China doesnt it mean its crap. It can be built their to a high standard, it's who designed the amp is the most important question. Take a look at your Apple products... Not one is built in the USA, Korea, Europe etc... and they make nice high end gear. But it was all designed here.

The problem with the good Chinese amps are the price tags. It’s uncalled for.

The problem with the good Chinese amps are the price tags. It’s uncalled for.

I'm not going to disagree with the cost on them.... The profit margins are high on those models... Especially on the non-regulated power supply models compared to the rest of the industry.

Zapco

Mmats

Mosconi

Rainbow

JL

This is based on engineering and quality. You can spend way less and get way more power reliably with Sundown, Crescendo, Twisted, DC, etc.

For me the Top 5 are:

Brax / Helix

Mosconi

MMats

Zapco

Rockford Fosgate / JL Audio (Tie)

Probably the OP ment the best mainstream stuff

Not the Uber Expensive

Dude is trying to drive a sub anyway

Soundqubed S1-2250 $250

Soundqubed Q1-2200.2 Used in the Classified $200-300 little better quality

Skar RP 2000.1 D $230

Any of these would do fine and not eat the whole budget

Use the extra $ on extra battery

What's the deal with mmats? I know two things: 1) Expensive. 2) Claims to make amps in their own shop in Florida.

they do, you can find a vide of their warehouse on youtube. Their designs are really cool imo

there's one of their 6 channel lines thats marine grade (you can drop it in water and take it out and it'll work) and has a modular design so you can modify it to 4 channel plus sub or 6 channel or i think even 2 channel plus one or two

they use burr brown op amps in some of their amps and actually look at what components make a difference in sound. the price is just.. really high

Posted (edited)

I think the OP has dual 1's on that Q... I'd forget the Skar RP2000.1... unless he wants to smoke it or settle for less power (than at 1 ohm), either a Sweet 1.5-2K amp 1/2 ohm capable or a +3k at 2 ohm... really, IDK how hard he's wanting to push it or how many upgrades (electrical) he's willing to get. I currently use a Synergy 3K at 2 ohm with Big 3, large case GM alt, Dual 0ga wire, a single group 75 under the hood (lead acid) and have 0 issues with voltage.

Your current amp ought to work, but not push the limits of that sub.

Edited by shredder2

Solid product, indeed made in Florida. AFAIK their sub amps are full bridge.

Just because it was built in China doesnt it mean its crap.

But most companies that buy China are looking to get the lowest price and cut every corner possible. The big names can manufacture there and actually maintain some standards, but that's like Alpine, Kicker, etc. many of whom probably own their own factory as opposed to just farming out a new heatsink for an off the shelf board.

2 ohm

You maniac.