Rockford prime 1200 settings

Participant count
  • Participant list

TupacThaDon1971
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
sandusky
bDWZVZt.jpg

got 2 p3 12 at one ohm in a prefab box....I was just wondering on the settings of these things...I understand the gain aspect but the other feature I'm sorta of lost on, most like say the box is like any other prefab box tuned pretty high so just looking for opinions or of what I have it set at now is alright...I haven't had any problems with how I have it but just wondering if anyway to make it even better...thanks

raise the ss filter to almost 40hz (prefab probably tuned at 43hz or so), u can leave lp pass where it's at is u only listen to rap., if u like rock u can just set it at 1/2 (125hz)

Punch eq is bass boost, keep that all the way down. Infrasonic fokter is the low cutoff to protect the subs from bottoming out, set that in the mid 30s with a prefab. The one that says freq hz is the high pass, turn that up all the way because the headunit controls that setting. Last but not least ignore the fuckwit advice that gramps tries to give.

So then of I have the high pass filter all the way up....as far as the head unit goes....should I have the hpf on...and if so to what hz.....think it goes one below 63, 63, 80, 100, and maybe 125....and you and Grandpa need to Duke it out one day lol

Punch eq is bass boost, keep that all the way down. Infrasonic fokter is the low cutoff to protect the subs from bottoming out, set that in the mid 30s with a prefab. The one that says freq hz is the high pass, turn that up all the way because the headunit controls that setting. Last but not least ignore the fuckwit advice that gramps tries to give.
oh so a sub amp has highpass xover not a low pass? lol and u talking crap about me while saying too lol.. if u have lp xover on hu set 60-100 hz then yes set that at 250 but it's not a high pass filter it's a low pass..

So then of I have the high pass filter all the way up....as far as the head unit goes....should I have the hpf on...and if so to what hz.....think it goes one below 63, 63, 80, 100, and maybe 125....and you and Grandpa need to Duke it out one day lol

Head unit low pass should be on 80hz ideally, if you have a really low tuned sub box with good mids you could use that 63hz setting.

I have a minimum IQ requirement, Gramps falls short by triple digits.

oh so a sub amp has highpass xover not a low pass? lol and u talking crap about me while saying too lol.. if u have lp xover on hu set 60-100 hz then yes set that at 250 but it's not a high pass filter it's a low pass..
Context > you

Head unit low pass should be on 80hz ideally, if you have a really low tuned sub box with good mids you could use that 63hz setting.
I have a minimum IQ requirement, Gramps falls short by triple digits.

Context > you
dude u called a lp xover a highpass. u can't come at me because u were in such a hurry to run your mouth at me for no reason at all because i was right., that u made a mistake and "spread misinformation" u know some peeps here complain about that..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.