Kicker amp not powering on

prestonnn

Texas
Hello!

I have a kicker 600 watt amp powering 2, 10" kicker subs. They are installed in my 2017 Honda Civic Ex. My amp does not have a REM wire but it has worked for many months. Two weeks ago, all sound went out abruptly in my car. I checked the fuses, the continuity of the ground wire, the voltage of the power wire and made sure the subs weren't blown, but for some reason my amp won't power on. Last week, after not trying the audio for a while, I powered on the car and the amp magically powered on and all sound came back but after 10 minutes of driving, all sound went out again and nothing has been working for a week. I checked all wires and connections again and everything seems fine, but my amp is not getting power and no sound is coming from my speakers.

Thanks for the help!

check your ground and go from there. when the amp turns off check the voltage at the input to the amp and report back

im confused as to how you're turning the amp on without a remote wire

Def something lose. The fact that it doesn't have a remote wire is just one more headache for ya. That would drive me nuts, amp turning on whenever it wanted to.

Ok, it sounds like I should just install a remote wire. I have a stock radio in my civic so where should I connect the wire and what type of wire should I use?

your best best using the factory HU is to tap into a keyed power source wire, such as power outlet etc. Then run that to the remote. Ensure its only powered up when the key is on tho

I routed the remote wire to my fuse box and the amp turns on when i turn the car on but as soon as the amp powers up bass blares out of the subwoofer. It sounds like an interference.

I routed the remote wire to my fuse box and the amp turns on when i turn the car on but as soon as the amp powers up bass blares out of the subwoofer. It sounds like an interference.
did you turn off the other turn on feature?

it sounds like there's an issue with your input signal from the headunit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.