Amp won't read 1ohm

hellastock_rsx

So I wired up two DVC 4ohm Boss Phantom 15s to a Planet Audio AC4000.1D amp (1ohm stable) for a buddy. I wired them as the attached photo shows so that the amp is suppose to read 1ohm but for some reason when I check the independence at the amp terminals it reads 4ohm. He's happy with it but its bothering me why its not reading 1ohm like its suppose to. Could it be a problem with the amp?

Hope you are not using that $5 Harbor Freight meter. It does ok when reading battery voltage but when it some to ohms, the numbers jump all over the place. In my experience that is

So I wired up two DVC 4ohm Boss Phantom 15s to a Planet Audio AC4000.1D amp (1ohm stable) for a buddy. I wired them as the attached photo shows so that the amp is suppose to read 1ohm but for some reason when I check the independence at the amp terminals it reads 4ohm. He's happy with it but its bothering me why its not reading 1ohm like its suppose to. Could it be a problem with the amp?
yeah could be meter i had one read 19v on my battery 1 day lol.. i have another cig lighter volt meter shows 13.7v but good meter test at amp shows 14.1.. 1st change battery in meter, then test and like he said test each sub..

Sorry for not responding for so long but I forgot I posted this. I'm not sure how nice of a meter it is, I've used it on my subs before and it read the correct independence but I said somthing to him about taking a look at it and he said he's not worried about it so I guess I'll never know
here's a bigher pic of the way i wired them though
2-DVC-4-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.