6x9 speaker help

Participant count
  • Participants list

Acide24

Georgia
So I've decided between 2 speakers

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C76YXMQ/ref=pd_aw_sbs_107_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TS0K83Z3ZTT09TQ9112B&dpPl=1&dpID=81GHHKgDi2L&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001P86SE8?th=1&psc=1

I just need something that has a pretty good bass. I'm planning on replacing all my speakers in my 2009 Toyota Camry. I don't really have any intentions on buying a sub or amp since I was pretty satisfied with stock speakers in a 2004 Honda Accord. That said, I am looking for something that is easy to install, specifically for the Camry (front and rear). I am also planning on buying a new hu with crossovers. Do any of you have suggestions? I would like a hu that can do gps as well but I do have a budget for the hu of around $100.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C76YXMQ/ref=pd_aw_sbs_107_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TS0K83Z3ZTT09TQ9112B&dpPl=1&dpID=81GHHKgDi2L&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001P88U12#part-finder-garage_1525640776413

I just need something that has a pretty good bass. I'm planning on replacing all my speakers in my 2009 Toyota Camry. I don't really have any intentions on buying a sub or amp since I was pretty satisfied with stock speakers in a 2004 Honda Accord. That said, I am looking for something that is easy to install, specifically for the Camry (front and rear). I am also planning on buying a new hu with crossovers. Do any of you have suggestions? I would like a hu that can do gps as well but I do have a budget for the hu of around $100.
The 2nd link is a 6x8 not 6x9 so it won’t fit without an adapter

1000% chance you'll lose all bass with aftermarket speakers. They are meant for midrange and midbass. Your stock speakers are full range meaning it was geared to produce subsonic bass about down to 30hz. Aftermarkets are meant to be paired with a sub, they do not handle any kind of bass duty at all, absolute sh*t amounts of bass compared to these newer toyota stock speakers.

What you think will happen will not happen, you'll literally get the opposite results and be left bassless. Your first stop is to get a head unit. a pioneer 201ex would make your setup sound 100x better. Your stock speakers need more power to perform properly. They turn into a completely different beast. Why do I know so much, my personal high school friend has an 09 camry. Replacing the stocks without doing other steps such as major professional acoustical door treatments, and strong enough amplifier power along with a subwoofer will just leave you with beyond garbage results.

Why the 201ex over the jvc? the internal stock amp is a bit more powerful even though its rated for less. The look as also sick, ads major value to your car along with coolness factor. Just this swap alone will give you almost everything you are looking for. with a lot better sound, louder and more bass.

If you want more bass than that, i'd recommend adding a subwoofer. The stock toyota speakers are quite a bit better than most of the cheap cr@p you get outside aka your two choices.

if u like factory speakers listen to jeff, get mono amp and a 12" sub with new hu, then factory speakers will have xover so they play clean no distortion and sub will handle the bass..

Interesting...so how much would this cost me overall? Also, to me the stock camry speakers are absolute **** even compared to my honda accord 2004 stock speakers. Could it be that the head unit is so bad that the speakers are not being fully utilized?

1000% chance you'll lose all bass with aftermarket speakers. They are meant for midrange and midbass. Your stock speakers are full range meaning it was geared to produce subsonic bass about down to 30hz. Aftermarkets are meant to be paired with a sub, they do not handle any kind of bass duty at all, absolute sh*t amounts of bass compared to these newer toyota stock speakers.
What you think will happen will not happen, you'll literally get the opposite results and be left bassless. Your first stop is to get a head unit. a pioneer 201ex would make your setup sound 100x better. Your stock speakers need more power to perform properly. They turn into a completely different beast. Why do I know so much, my personal high school friend has an 09 camry. Replacing the stocks without doing other steps such as major professional acoustical door treatments, and strong enough amplifier power along with a subwoofer will just leave you with beyond garbage results.

Why the 201ex over the jvc? the internal stock amp is a bit more powerful even though its rated for less. The look as also sick, ads major value to your car along with coolness factor. Just this swap alone will give you almost everything you are looking for. with a lot better sound, louder and more bass.

If you want more bass than that, i'd recommend adding a subwoofer. The stock toyota speakers are quite a bit better than most of the cheap cr@p you get outside aka your two choices.
What's the difference between the 201ex and the 200ex? Also would I be better off with this, if I were potentially looking into upgrading in the future? The hu installation for the camry does not look too hard, however do I need to buy other things to ensure it fits into the car or is it just a direct fit?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06W2NBDP6/ref=psdcmw_2230642011_t2_B077MW47N8#nav-search-keywords

Interesting...so how much would this cost me overall? Also, to me the stock camry speakers are absolute **** even compared to my honda accord 2004 stock speakers. Could it be that the head unit is so bad that the speakers are not being fully utilized?
yes the stock head unit s*cks donkey di*ck. With a better EQ, and EQ work you can make them sound pretty decent. the extra amount of power will get them hitting pretty decent too. Only other thing i'd do is get a sub.

The 2003 to 2007 hondas have a 10 watts x 4 channels of power in their head unit. Your current camry is around 3-5 watts for the stock head unit.

What's the difference between the 201ex and the 200ex? Also would I be better off with this, if I were potentially looking into upgrading in the future? The hu installation for the camry does not look too hard, however do I need to buy other things to ensure it fits into the car or is it just a direct fit?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06W2NBDP6/ref=psdcmw_2230642011_t2_B077MW47N8#nav-search-keywords
Buy it from this website, enter in your vehicle make and model and they include a free dash kit to make everything look flush. Includes the wiring harness needed for install as well as instruction manuals etc...

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-P0hYWicyndL/p_130201EX/Pioneer-AVH-201EX.html

Buy it from this website, enter in your vehicle make and model and they include a free dash kit to make everything look flush. Includes the wiring harness needed for install as well as instruction manuals etc...https://www.crutchfield.com/S-P0hYWicyndL/p_130201EX/Pioneer-AVH-201EX.html
When looking at the 2 types of installation kits they have, 1 is free and the other is $80. Under the vehicle features retained, aux and bluetooth are not checked. I'm a little confused by this. Is this just saying that if I had aux and bluetooth before from the stock head unit, it won't be available? Isn't this implied since I am replacing the head unit or is it saying I won't have aux or bluetooth capabilities at all? Also, is it possible to make this head unit work with the steering wheel controls?

When looking at the 2 types of installation kits they have, 1 is free and the other is $80. Under the vehicle features retained, aux and bluetooth are not checked. I'm a little confused by this. Is this just saying that if I had aux and bluetooth before from the stock head unit, it won't be available? Isn't this implied since I am replacing the head unit or is it saying I won't have aux or bluetooth capabilities at all? Also, is it possible to make this head unit work with the steering wheel controls?
Ignore that, the head unit is bluetooth capable and has an aux connection in the rear that you can run to the side. You just wont be using the stock aux connection. I'd go with the free one especially if you use bluetooth as your main music source. Retaining the steering wheel controls is what that 80 dollars is, which i dont feel is worth it at all.

Ignore that, the head unit is bluetooth capable and has an aux connection in the rear that you can run to the side. You just wont be using the stock aux connection. I'd go with the free one especially if you use bluetooth as your main music source. Retaining the steering wheel controls is what that 80 dollars is, which i dont feel is worth it at all.
Ok cool, what do you mean by running the the aux connection to the side?

The pioneer 200ex seems to be the better deal. The only thing different is that the 200ex has sub preamp outputs, and the 201ex doesn't. But the 201ex has switchable rear preamp outputs while the 200ex doesn't. What's the difference and is it worth the $30 difference?

Ok cool, what do you mean by running the the aux connection to the side?
there's an aux connection in the rear of the head unit. but to be honest, just give up the aux completely, its sh*t compared to bluetooth on an aftermarket head unit and you can connect multiple phones to the bluetooth as well and seemlessly switch over whenever you want so yeah aux is obsolete.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.