Static Hiss // Ground Loop Isolator Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

gdotcastro

Installed my first car audio system last month and extremely happy with the results.

Sounds great, get's the job done, and it was within my budget.

I started tuning my amps and getting the best sound possible out of my system, but noticed I have a faint hiss // static noise in the background.

4-Channel amp gain is turned all the way DOWN to prevent the hiss from being louder...Higher the gain, louder the hiss becomes.

When I connect my phone and pause the music, I can hear the hiss. If i'm listening to music, I don't hear it at all. It's still there but you can't really hear it over vocals.

I've done a bit of research and found the PAC-SNI-1 Ground Loop Isolator and hoping it helps eliminate this static noise but I have no clue how to install the thing!

I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler with a stock 430N HU that uses a PAC AOEM-CHR3 adapter which connects to my mono amp + 4-chan amp. For installation, I tried connecting the PAC GLI directly to the amp, but I still got static noise. There are also 2 brown wires on the PAC GLI which are the ground wires, not sure where to ground these...Do I run them directly to my amp's ground or splice into an area behind my HU?

Thanks!

Learn about grounding first, Google it, and isolate the issue, when I started I tried those things and they didn't do st*t, my amps and hu sharing the same ground fixed everything for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.