Grandpas Pride and Joy Pioneer

kr15
5,000+ posts

Polluting Residentials
California
5ulppi.jpg

This is your king?

I thought that was an 8 at first lol.

I wonder if the leads will slap with the level of power you will most likely be feeding it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Im not using it. Helping a teamate do a boat install. It will be powered by a Crossfire 500d. I just wanted to post a pic, TS and comment on build quality.

In general, its a very nice driver for 80$. I like the dual clamped spider. Motor is big enough and TS looks decent. I hate the surround tho. Sub itself is 17 lbs. Id probably take this over low end Skar, CT etc. But E v3 is easily a better buy thru Cab.

Fs 35hz

Qms 11.5

Qes .62

Qts .59

Vas 1.22

Mms 257

BL 22.4

Xmax 13.8mm

They give box suggestions for tight, recommended and deep for sealed, ported, and bandpass. So theres actually 9 box options which is pretty nice

funny.. not fair put it beside a E, i'd love to see a comp between the 2 and u can get a 30 day warranty E for only $15 more isn't right compare new to new and E is twice what i paid for the 3003.. i assure u the E is not twice the sub, compare the specs, E maybe better in some installs.. i mean the 3003 beside my fu would look tiny but talking about $100 or under subs: as u said it has 2.5" coil, dual spiders, 120oz magnet.. idk why u don't like the surround but i love the hard plastic mounting ring no rubber gasket in the way when mounting or removing.. just telling you when the spiders wear in some it's pretty loud for what it is., i've seen several peeps with 2 12's sealed on a and my single ported 3003 was louder (louder than the 20 dual 12's sealed set ups i had back in the day with 600rms anyway) again $80 or less.. they don't do well in large boxes idk why do 1.75 cfad ported box with that 500rms it'll sound good i bet..

I’d love to put about 2000 clean rms to that Pioneer and see how long she holds
may work for burps but idk how many u would get lol.. i think 1k clean (before rise) is ok for it daily but i just think it's hard to beat when someone could get 2 for $180 and build or maybe buy a used ported box for $80 or less with a $200 or less amp and it would pound pretty good..

My experience with big brand subs like this, the rating is pretty spot on. I bet 1k clamped daily would eventually blow it.

It specs out loud enough for what it is. Generally these subs wont gain much a ton of rated. But 600w on it, call it a day.

If it didnt belong to a customer, id burp it on high power in the blazer. But i think it has a 50/50 chance of blowing...so i better not

My experience with big brand subs like this, the rating is pretty spot on. I bet 1k clamped daily would eventually blow it.
It specs out loud enough for what it is. Generally these subs wont gain much a ton of rated. But 600w on it, call it a day.

If it didnt belong to a customer, id burp it on high power in the blazer. But i think it has a 50/50 chance of blowing...so i better not
no i said 1k rms not clamped power.. just a good 900-1k amp about like mine.. be great if they had a d2 but it was pretty maxed out on my ppi at 2 ohm but at one point i had sub volume on +10 for a week before i caught it so did pretty good., had to be clipping the crap out of it..

Was the FU a big upgrade, or not as much as anticipated?
not as much because it's same power not worth the $320 between box and sub.. easy to tell motor is stronger but i don't get much more out of it because even though box is bigger still tuned the same so no lower and it just needs 300-600 more watts.. 2 of the 3003's on this amp would be considerably louder for same $ (of course dual box be bigger) if i had better electrical and a 1500 or 2k amp then 1 fu maybe just as good.. idk really now how else to say it, they both sound good but with same power not a big diff, if box was like 2.5cfad tuned to 32 i'm sure it would be lower and louder but idk really wanta go deeper.. i just filmed this today (quality ***** bad can't get videos to look same on pc as they do on phone idk y) mirrors shake about same as pioneer lol but my voltage was only 13.6 or so when i did this (u can see sub at 1:45)

The pioneer is probably a more efficient driver. I can tell the suspension will be pretty soft after break in.

Maybe down the line ill get one for myself to tinker with

The pioneer is probably a more efficient driver. I can tell the suspension will be pretty soft after break in.
Maybe down the line ill get one for myself to tinker with
wish u would so u see what i been talking about but remember u can't compare it it to my sub or even a E really (even though specs are similar) because it cost 1/2 as much and will probably be as loud on 500 watts as an E maybe on more power.. it's a deal and it last..

I have a couple of the Walmart Pioneer 12s ..but they look like junk to me ..I assume these are better built
yeah the 3003 is different, bigger coil, dual spiders, twice the magnet.. also 1 of the reasons they are so cheap is they only come in 12" d4., no 10's or 15's or d2 or svc 4ohm so they probably order 100,000 at a time for like $15 each or something crazy low.. pretty sure it's a japan sub not china.. just saying peeps getting 2 cheap 10's for $120 or something could get 1 of these and probably put more power to it and they take small boxes.. i had 2 old old model ones called "5 bullet cones" sealed with 600rms total and after 4 yrs of free subs from stereo shop (memphis orion etc) the installer said "u know the best sounding subs u ever had were the pioneers".. they were 400rms 2" coil i think, found only this 1 pic online https://imgur.com/k0NKQQj

I have a couple of the Walmart Pioneer 12s ..but they look like junk to me ..I assume these are better built
Yeah, that sub is better than the Walmart subs. Actually bought one from Trumpet for my nephew . We put it in 2 cubes@35hz. Powers by a PPi ion 650.1. Can’t lie, sounds good but I’m sure if could sound better due to his weak electrical system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.