Suggestions on single 10 with a Rockford 300x1 amp

customlt1
10+ year member

PBR300X1 on Rockford Fosgate's website):

75 Watts x 1 @ 4-Ohm

150 Watts x 1 @ 2-Ohm

300 Watts x 1 @ 1-Ohm

Been running this amp with an old alpine type R. Sub finally took a dump so it’s time to get a replacement. I want to power the sub/amp correctly. It’s in a sealed box, the car is an Acura TL. I’ve always liked JL but open to options! Not trying to spend more than $200 new.

PBR300X1 on Rockford Fosgate's website):75 Watts x 1 @ 4-Ohm

150 Watts x 1 @ 2-Ohm

300 Watts x 1 @ 1-Ohm

Been running this amp with an old alpine type R. Sub finally took a dump so it’s time to get a replacement. I want to power the sub/amp correctly. It’s in a sealed box, the car is an Acura TL. I’ve always liked JL but open to options! Not trying to spend more than $200 new.
You need a dual 2 sub .. I may have something

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_94036_Image-Dynamics-ID-10-D2-V.4.html
Or the audiofrog g10d2

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-fhByeJHEVms/p_898G10D2/AudioFrog-G10D2.html

What kind of specs should i look at for that type of amp in a ten? 300 watts max at 2 ohm?

I have the next model up I could sell you, the gs10 but it is dual 4. A dual 2 is really what you need obviously.
What kind of specs would I need to look at for a 10 sub with that amp combo? 300 watts max at 2ohm?

What kind of specs would I need to look at for a 10 sub with that amp combo? 300 watts max at 2ohm?
u said your amp does 300rms at 1 ohm.. if true u need a d2 sub with pretty high db rating and works well sealed that ID he showed u should be good..

You must have had the gained turned up way too high if you blew that type r on that tiny little amp. Learn how to set the amp controls before you buy another sub or you'll just blow the next one.
I didn’t blow it, the outer seal came off which is attached by what looks like glue. It’s old I’ll swap it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.