0 gauge welding wire

connersdad19
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I tried to search but my phone was not cooperating. I ordered 0 gauge welding cable to run as my power cable. First time using welding wire and I was just wondering as welding cable is a little bit smaller then most oversized car audio cable. Would 0 gauge ofc welding wire be sufficient to power an audiopipe apmi2000? Just getting back into car audio after years out of it. Thanks.

Thanks. I have a 2010 Subaru Impreza hatchback. So roughly 10 to 12 feet. The wire I bought was from temco. I have never bought or played with welding wire so I decided to give it a try.

I used welding wire in my current set up, the only major difference that I noticed was that it is not quite as flexible. Only minor issue that I encountered was where the power/ground wires come up through the floor of the hatchback area and connect to the amp. Good luck dude.

Just make sure you upgrade the battery or run a ultracap bank in addition to doing the big 3 with that amp... it ****** a ton of juice when I had the APMI-2000 on my dyno.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just make sure you upgrade the battery or run a ultracap bank in addition to dong the big 3 with that amp... it ****** a ton of juice when I had the APMI-2000 on my dyno.
agreed, a dedicated ground might help too

just depends on how much rise you have. with low rise and clipping you'll definitely be drawing some serious current for stock electrical

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.