Went to HISPL's place and did some NS1 vs Shocker 4kw testing with his wall - *vids*

CRXBMPN
5,000+ posts

Moe Bass
Maine
Backed my rig up to his, swapped some speaker wire out, and we did some head to head testing of my Sundown NS1 @ .7 ohm vs his mammoth Shocker 4kw @ .7 ohm. The subs were a wall of Shocker Neo 15's, peaking at 43hz.

Final results - Sundown NS1 - 154.20, Shocker 4kw 155.57. Thorough @$$ whipping!!!!

20180501_132953_zps8rhn0ver.jpg

20180501_135405_zpskyfh5i1o.jpg

20180501_140647_zps2wltztge.jpg

20180501_141440_zpsthlgki1s.jpg

My Eclipse Ti 12's next to a Shocker Sig 12

20180501_104644_zpsdhyybfzr.jpg

20180501_104654_zpspixgmjzx.jpg

Corolla with a Shocker Sig Neo 12

20180501_141339_zpsdf68c6zo.jpg

My NS1 - ended up getting it .22db higher than the # on the screen at the end

Looks like the same pcb?
Jon said it was the same board as something else, I don't remember what. I think the badging on one of the spares I got for him to get repaired said Helion 9000.1 or something. He mentioned a 10k, though. It sure put a hurting on my NS1. Good thing I have two to combat that problem >:-]

Yes, it's very secluded out here. Can do pretty much anything I want without being bothered.
Nice pics, Jason. I should have those 12's repaired this weekend at some point but you'll need to bring your meter if you want to do any of that, I'm loaning mine out for a couple weeks
OK. Let me find your DATS machine and get that back to you. I can pick those subs up and then painstakingly put them back in the van for one final test. Perhaps we can back the vehicles up again and do another NS1 vs 4kw, Minivan No Wall edition down the road after I install them when I have time.

I also want to take my front seats out for some baseline testing. I know I can swing nuts at a 155.3 with my mid seats out and box pushed up pretty far on the riser. The only issue with putting both NS1's in is my voltage is shitola, hopefully I can get those two D3100's from Zak and integrate them easily. I just need wire, I think.

Nice.

That Sig is unholy, what big mofo.

Looks like a couple banks of transistors missing in that beast. Undergoing repairs? Or beefing it up?

Nice.

Looks like a couple banks of transistors missing in that beast. Undergoing repairs? Or beefing it up?
I also live the same 20 min distance from TheAmpLab boys, so I'll be shuttling the amps up to them for a going over for HISPLS. I went to high school with one of them, so it's always nice to catch up anyway.

Looks like the same pcb?
Those are 2 amps I bought this winter. Same board as my Shocker "4K" but different heatsink.

OK. Let me find your DATS machine and get that back to you. I can pick those subs up and then painstakingly put them back in the van for one final test. Perhaps we can back the vehicles up again and do another NS1 vs 4kw, Minivan No Wall edition down the road after I install them when I have time.
I also want to take my front seats out for some baseline testing. I know I can swing nuts at a 155.3 with my mid seats out and box pushed up pretty far on the riser. The only issue with putting both NS1's in is my voltage is shitola, hopefully I can get those two D3100's from Zak and integrate them easily. I just need wire, I think.
Yeah, if I'm not trying to cook sugar the seats come out pretty quick and we could test my amp into the 3 12's in yours.... we also need to get your seats out and see what that gains you.

Nice.

Yeah, you really notice how big they are when you put them next to other stuff... not like the 3HP is a wimpy platform either. Bought the two amps pictured broken, someone had begun repairing that one and given up since the driver card is slagged. I got a couple new driver cards from Shocker Mike so repair should be a bit more straightforward when we get them up to Waterville.

Saw that when I was talking with hispls earlier, sick score
It'll do 157.2-157.4 with the seats out consistently. Peak frequency goes up a little bit and those leather seats really just block sound waves. Probably a bit more in there seats in if I cared to play around with moving them around. Whenever Jason has another day off he can bring by his Termlab and we can do some more testing.

Yeah, you really notice how big they are when you put them next to other stuff... not like the 3HP is a wimpy platform either. Bought the two amps pictured broken, someone had begun repairing that one and given up since the driver card is slagged. I got a couple new driver cards from Shocker Mike so repair should be a bit more straightforward when we get them up to Waterville.
That's awesome, I hope the repairs continue to go smoothly for you. I've heard nothing but good things about Shocker Mike.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.