Pioneer d8601 vs Audiopipe 1300

Sleeklsc
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Trying to decide between the two of these.

Audiopipe is rated for 1000rms@1, from what I've read they're good for 900rms.

Pioneer gm-d8601 is rated for 800rms@1 and dyno'd-

820rms @1 ohm certified

930rms uncertified

928rms dynamic

I doubt I would be able to hear any difference between the two, but will the Pioneer sound better?

Trying to decide between the two of these.
Audiopipe is rated for 1000rms@1, from what I've read they're good for 900rms.

Pioneer gm-d8601 is rated for 800rms@1 and dyno'd-

820rms @1 ohm certified

930rms uncertified

928rms dynamic

I doubt I would be able to hear any difference between the two, but will the Pioneer sound better?
I have the Pioneer and can vouch for it. I run it at 1 ohm daily and it has never even gotten warm. It's worth every penny. I have no opinion on the Audiopipe as I have never used it.

Thanks, guys.

The only thing shying me away from the Pioneer is that it's 1.5" more depth which could ruin where I want to place it (Going stealth mode). At which point I'd have to go with the AP.

Regardless, thanks for reinforcing what I initially thought. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

pioneer probably better could even run cooler but they don't have ss filter.. so if u have ported box make sure it's tuned low.. sound qubed 850 is $149 probably does 900 rms and has ss filter.. if u have sealed get the pioneer and don't look back..

Well, I verified I had enough space and placed my order for the pioneer. Phew. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

For those that have never ordered anything on the google express site, they are offering 25% off for first time customers through the app. Code- APPSPECIAL . Limited selection (Mostly generic) on car audio but the Audiopipe 1300 was $84 shipped via VMInnovations and the 8601 was $91.xx shipped from Walmart.

I would use the Pioneer over the Audiopipe. I'm guessing the Pioneer is more efficient as well.
Not the 1300, but the 1500 was 47% efficient @ 1ohm, the 8601 is 65%. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well, I verified I had enough space and placed my order for the pioneer. Phew. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
For those that have never ordered anything on the google express site, they are offering 25% off for first time customers through the app. Code- APPSPECIAL . Limited selection (Mostly generic) on car audio but the Audiopipe 1300 was $84 shipped via VMInnovations and the 8601 was $91.xx shipped from Walmart.
As a difference maker for me... the Pioneer from Walmart will come with a Warranty (If you select Walmart.com) the Audiopipe will not....

pioneer probably better could even run cooler but they don't have ss filter.. so if u have ported box make sure it's tuned low.. sound qubed 850 is $149 probably does 900 rms and has ss filter.. if u have sealed get the pioneer and don't look back..
isnt that soundqubed you mentioned made in china?

Why does everyone make such a big deal out of an amp having a SS filter. We were running vented enclosures with no SS filter for a very long time(decades). Now it's some big deal ....????

End of thread stealing , useless rant ...lol ...

Pioneer, hands down .... good choice OP.

Why does everyone make such a big deal out of an amp having a SS filter. We were running vented enclosures with no SS filter for a very long time(decades). Now it's some big deal ....????

I know.... People freak out all the time on it.... It's nice to have but really shouldn't be a deal breaker... especially if you have your box tuned in the low 30's

yeah and if they tuned decent maybe fine.. i had 2 orion xtr cones rip in a orion box (tuned at 50 probably) because ss filter only went to 25hz.. if box is tuned at 40 or under probably fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.