Lovin' this 4th order

shredder2

CarAudio.com VIP
Az
I haven't used a 4th in 20 years, I just used a low tuned ported or higher tuned to meet SPl goals. @THATpurpleKUSH got me started lookin' at 4ths and playin around. The Sa-15 I was gonna use modeled up nicely with an insane amount of gain where I wanted it. For a single 15 daily use it seems like it turned out even better than I wanted it to... IDK... The Synergy EFA3K powering the thing is at 2 ohm nominal and it's only got a group 75 lead-acid up front at this point but... IDK... windshield is bouncin' nicely up top and I haven't even left the driveway... only about 4 min listening time so far but the peakyness is evident but it still goes fairly low, I gotta get a feel for her before I open her up with those low notes... anyways I'm relocated and it's a quiet neighborhood and I really don't want to cause the neighbors to call the cops.
It's not done yet... amp is just layin' there at this point... but I HAD to hear it. Sub got here this AM after I had to return the 1st one (wrong impedance) and I just got a new one this time instead of tryin' to save a buck on an open box item... duh!
Gotta get me a secondary AGM now and finish her up... but this thing pounds!
Thanks Kush
FilUbO4.jpg

vuMCHaH.jpg

1ujQ0Hl.jpg

6RYcaGs.jpg

wRYNzvW.jpg

9ZxnkwU.jpg

Djxzu1P.jpg

Bk9rSQI.jpg

BpapfCr.jpg

:thumbsup:

Hell yeah man, I like it, I like it alot. I've never tried a 4th order either, maybe someday though. how you liking that Synergy amp? I figured they'd be decent, but was still curious. sounds like it's a monster though. Do you like it better than the c.a.b.?

Hell yeah man, I like it, I like it alot. I've never tried a 4th order either, maybe someday though. how you liking that Synergy amp? I figured they'd be decent, but was still curious. sounds like it's a monster though. Do you like it better than the c.a.b.?
This synergy feels like more than the pair of CAB's strapped at 4ohm... but less than the pair at 1ohm strapped, just close to it... lol... he emailed me some numbers when ordering but I'll wait to see a dyno... I'm at 2 ohm anyways.

I just might throw a huge 4th in there for 2 Sa-15's... im single now... why not?

This synergy feels like more than the pair of CAB's strapped at 4ohm... but less than the pair at 1ohm strapped, just close to it... lol... he emailed me some numbers when ordering but I'll wait to see a dyno... I'm at 2 ohm anyways.I just might throw a huge 4th in there for 2 Sa-15's... im single now... why not?
Dude you should absolutely do that. then later by another synergy and two zv5 and run each amp at .5, then drive up to Indy and give me a demo!

looks great.. they say fu does well in 4th order.. if it tuned at 48hz and plays down to high 20's how high would it play?, aren't the freqs they play more narrow than reg ported?

Was playin around with Winisd and that DD sub seems to like a HUGE box... the response I'm seeing outta this one looks a little peaky, but I was lookin for a bit of output... still goes fairly low and has a nice bandwidth. I like this one.

oEfWtX.jpg

looks great.. they say fu does well in 4th order.. if it tuned at 48hz and plays down to high 20's how high would it play?, aren't the freqs they play more narrow than reg ported?
Honestly I think that the lows aren't bad... but NOT what I'm used to... the low ported I've used kill it down to 24-25hz usually... that said, this thing is loud from around 30-70hz and 50hz is pretty decent for a single 15 IMO... still feelin out the capabilities at this point and bein' careful as I'm runnin' a little more than rated power... lol... but I'm likin it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I think that the lows aren't bad... but NOT what I'm used to... the low ported I've used kill it down to 24-25hz usually... that said, this thing is loud from around 30-70hz and 50hz is pretty decent for a single 15 IMO... still feelin out the capabilities at this point and bein' careful as I'm runnin' a little more than rated power... lol... but I'm likin it.
Play with it. Make seal side smaller and see what happens. Play with port area.

I'm liking the output at this point... I looked at the response with a smaller sealed side and around 95in^ of port tuned all over the place in Winisd and it looks like it would get lower for sure. That said, the thing does ok (ha,ha) for a single 15 right at cabin frequency so for now I'm gonna leave it as is... but if I start missing those decaf lows at high volume ill close up the port area a little and see what happens. I'm lovin the output atm... seems exactly like the response when I modeled it and the lows aren't bad for now. If I do another I'll probably look for more extension next time... idk... it's fun to hear right now.

Just demoed it for the management maintenance guy... he was speechless... lol

It's not a 150db setup... but loud as my daily for a bit.

does it matter which way sub is facing? seems like be easier to mount/remove it if facing sealed side and just screw side of box back..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.