good 6x9 speakers?

Participant count
  • Participants list

TimV

Pa
Hello, I'm currently looking into upgrading my rear 6x9s and just want to see what more experienced people have to say.

Right now I'm in between the Infinity REF-9623ix 300W Max 6" x 9" 3-Way and the JBL GTO939 Premium 6 x 9. Just from some light research these seem to be my best options, however I don't have any experience with mid-range speakers. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Here are the links to the speakers:

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-GTO939-Premium-Co-Axial-Speaker/dp/B00C76YXMQ/ref=pd_sbs_107_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00C76YXMQ&pd_rd_r=G6CXVVC0KPB7TG8FN5MP&pd_rd_w=WgqBI&pd_rd_wg=9ZjQT&psc=1&refRID=G6CXVVC0KPB7TG8FN5MP

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-GTO939-Premium-Co-Axial-Speaker/dp/B00C76YXMQ/ref=pd_sbs_107_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00C76YXMQ&pd_rd_r=G6CXVVC0KPB7TG8FN5MP&pd_rd_w=WgqBI&pd_rd_wg=9ZjQT&psc=1&refRID=G6CXVVC0KPB7TG8FN5MP

I have a set of old school very rare Pioneer Rev 6x9swith the yellow Kevlar cone that will blow you away ..I ran them for a short time in the rear deck of my 67 Camaro ..it sounded like I had mini subs the midbass was so strong and just the right amount of highs ..Everything blended so nicely and crystal clear ...it’s a shame Pioneer no longer makes these if you can find a set grab them the last used set I saw on eBay went for $150 they cost $200 new back in the day ..they have a quality high end real crossover built into the speaker connection pod ..I might sale my set but I doubt I’ll get rid of them ...

i think u meant to include this link https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-REF-9623ix-Speaker-Edge-Driven-Tweeters/dp/B01E8OZ1KM they probably about the same speakers except 1 is a 3 way, many of us don't run rear speakers at all.. if u have a sub and use hp xovers on speakers as u should get 3 way for front (if u have them in front) and get very very cheap dual cone midrange for rear deck u don't need tweeter back there., parts express has grs 6x9 for like $8 each.. deadening the door is just as important as the speaker, u can also use the foam baffles $10 on rear deck to prevent sub from missing up sound of the speakers

i think u meant to include this link https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-REF-9623ix-Speaker-Edge-Driven-Tweeters/dp/B01E8OZ1KM they probably about the same speakers except 1 is a 3 way, many of us don't run rear speakers at all.. if u have a sub and use hp xovers on speakers as u should get 3 way for front (if u have them in front) and get very very cheap dual cone midrange for rear deck u don't need tweeter back there., parts express has grs 6x9 for like $8 each.. deadening the door is just as important as the speaker, u can also use the foam baffles $10 on rear deck to prevent sub from missing up sound of the speakers
thank you for the info, I have a 2002 chevy cavalier and haven't made door pods (mostly because I'm not very skilled in that sort of work) so that's the only reason why im replacing the rear deck. I can only fit a 4x6 in the doors unless there's a way that I'm unaware of.

thank you for the info, I have a 2002 chevy cavalier and haven't made door pods (mostly because I'm not very skilled in that sort of work) so that's the only reason why im replacing the rear deck. I can only fit a 4x6 in the doors unless there's a way that I'm unaware of.
lol i had 96 cav.. i thought mine took 6.5" i'll check

u don't have monsoon system right? even without it looks like 4" 4x6 maybe few 5 1/4 will fit but must be very shallow mount under 2".. thats *****.. u really need hp xover, u say just hu power is it stock?, if not u need hu with xovers and 24 bit da convertor both will help a ton, louder and less distortion.. u can set door speakers to play 120hz up and rears to play down to 70hz.. u just need any type of sub (well not any) but small 10" sub even in small box with small used amp or even a dualxpr82d 2 channel $59 walmart (guy here tested does pretty good power) and u would have full range sound speakers wouldn't distort and little bass.

u don't have monsoon system right?
No I don't have a monsoon system, and i haven't actually taken my doors apart. That's just what I've researched online from multiple sites.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.