Box design help

Participant count
  • Participant list

sweety
10+ year member

I'm planing on building a new box & was hoping someone could check over my plans to see if I have calculated it correctly. It's going to be a wedge shape so it fits up against the back seat so I get as much room in the trunk as possible the aim is for 1.9ft^3 & tuned to 35Hz

Width 35"

Height 15"

Top panel 8" depth

Base Panel 11.5" depth

Port internal size (made from 3/4" MDF) 4" x 4" & 15" long

Sub being used is an old JBL GT3 12" getting powered from a 220wRMS JBL amp

I know this is probably simple maths to most of you but I suffered from meningitis 22 years ago & it wiped out some of my memory & am still relearning things

I'm planing on building a new box & was hoping someone could check over my plans to see if I have calculated it correctly. It's going to be a wedge shape so it fits up against the back seat so I get as much room in the trunk as possible the aim is for 1.9ft^3 & tuned to 35HzWidth 35"

Height 15"

Top panel 8" depth

Base Panel 11.5" depth

Port internal size (made from 3/4" MDF) 4" x 4" & 15" long

Sub being used is an old JBL GT3 12" getting powered from a 220wRMS JBL amp

I know this is probably simple maths to most of you but I suffered from meningitis 22 years ago & it wiped out some of my memory & am still relearning things
Add your depths together then divide in half, subtract 1.5" for materials (if .75" is used) that's your average depth... I got about 8.25"... sooo... looks like if its a 2 common wall port you're around 1.5ft3 net and 38hz tune... hope that helps

Add your depths together then divide in half, subtract 1.5" for materials (if .75" is used) that's your average depth... I got about 8.25"... sooo... looks like if its a 2 common wall port you're around 1.5ft3 net and 38hz tune... hope that helps
Thanks Shredder2, that port is going to eat up to much enclosure volume then my other option is to use a 4" pipe even though pvc pipe is costly here in the UK, if I wanted to tune to 35Hz I think the pipe needs to be 11.5-12" long ? but not sure what the enclosures volume would be using the pipe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.