Amp purchase deadline approaching - am I making the right choice?

nondem

Sorry to ask again but I just want to have as much info as possible before I give up my sheckles.

I want an amp that will milk every bit of sound quality and punch out of my speakers. I don’t have a sub but may later add one w/its own amp.

I’ve been studying amp options and asking questions(here and elsewhere) and have kinda narrowed it down two amps. I am not an expert by any means...If someone has another brand or model that I should consider I’d love to hear about it.

The two amps I’m looking at are:

Pioneer GM-D8604 Frequency Response 10-50k Hz

100 watts RMS x 4

Rockford Fosgate Prime R400-4D Frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz

75 watts RMS x 4

The Pioneer was recommended here.

I’ve done some other research and speaking of out of the box power actually tested on a Dyno - the Pioneer is putting out more power than the Rockford Fosgate although both generally put out well above their rating. The Pioneer also looks to cover a larger frequency range. I like the Rockford Fosgate brand way better. I also think the Fosgate would last longer. Having said that - I’m mounting the AMP in a place that is easy to swap out. I just don’t want to leave anything on the table w/it comes to making use of the speakers I have.

Front - Kicker 43CSC6934(3 way 6x9)

Maximum RMS Wattage 150

Peak Power Handling (Watts) 450

Rear - Kicker 43CSC674(2 way 6.75")

Maximum RMS Wattage 100

Peak Power Handling (Watts) 300

Can someone help me decide here?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.