Jeffdachef

loudest 4 inch mids you've ever used?

feeling like moving my midranges to the A pillar, I had a shard of metal fly in and got stuck in the coil gap of one of my prv 6.5s... things are all fked up., none of my spare 6.5s in my reserve pile even come close to 1/4 the output of the prvs(namely image dynamc ctx, rockford t2, soundqubed pros). Need something to fill in the shoes of these prvs, it'll be closer to my ear so hopefully the decrease in size doesnt hurt output too much. I did like my prvs when I put them up in the A pillar but 6.5s in the A pillar are not practical at all, hopefully it works out with 4-5"

If all else fails i'll do 5.25 prvs or B&C mids.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

feeling like moving my midranges to the A pillar, I had a shard of metal fly in and got stuck in the coil gap of one of my prv 6.5s... things are all fked up., none of my spare 6.5s in my reserve pile even come close to 1/4 the output of the prvs(namely image dynamc ctx, rockford t2, soundqubed pros). Need something to fill in the shoes of these prvs, it'll be closer to my ear so hopefully the decrease in size doesnt hurt output too much. I did like my prvs when I put them up in the A pillar but 6.5s in the A pillar are not practical at all, hopefully it works out with 4-5"

Do it !

I could fit the 5 s up there and I think you have a lot more room to work with. I still haven’t got the prv 6.5s and swapped out the cdts in the kicks yet. But I am soon I just been busy with life. But I do like the dsr1 for me it’s an pretty good fit and easy enough to figure out. Wouldn’t say I have mastered it but am working on it lol

Pioneer Prs80, Rockford DSR1, Taramps 15000 HD, two 18 team FI , 4x PPI900.4s, Massive Audio CT2 tweeters, CDT 6.5 mids and 2 pr Anarchy midbass, 3 group31 juice box batterys , lots of 0 gauge and NRG aluminum hardware, Triple 300 amp CES hairpins, 4 Banks of 6 ultra caps.

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4

HU: CD7200MKII

Front Stage: SI TM25/ID X-69

Front Stage Amp: PG Ti21000.4

Sub Stage: Sundown SD-3 12 x2 (soon to be 3 SA-8v3s in a CSCStang TLine)

Sub Stage Amp: PG Ti22000.1

This one has pretty decent sensitivity so it's gonna get pretty loud. --> https://www.parts-express.com/bc-5mdn38-5-professional-neodymium-midrange-speaker-8-ohm--294-5900

If you wanna get slick and go for good imaging you could try this point source approach. --> https://www.parts-express.com/bc-5fcx44-5-professional-coaxial-speaker-70-x-70-8-ohm--294-5760

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

how many do you have left over that are good? considering swapping out the nendo 6.5's for 4 of these active but in your review you said you really need a lot of power to them and id be doing 150w each unless i tried something else

I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

how many do you have left over that are good? considering swapping out the nendo 6.5's for 4 of these active but in your review you said you really need a lot of power to them and id be doing 150w each unless i tried something else

I only have 1 left over thats good. I wouldn't swap, they are pretty close to each other, the endos dont need as much power, the prvs are just slightly louder with a lot of power and has better full range capabilities(in the higher treble end) but both are still great drivers.

This one has pretty decent sensitivity so it's gonna get pretty loud. --> https://www.parts-express.com/bc-5mdn38-5-professional-neodymium-midrange-speaker-8-ohm--294-5900

If you wanna get slick and go for good imaging you could try this point source approach. --> https://www.parts-express.com/bc-5fcx44-5-professional-coaxial-speaker-70-x-70-8-ohm--294-5760

its between the prvs and that B&C neo. But that faital pro K5 james linked looks good too. Looks like there's no 4 inchers. Gonna be a 5 incher.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now