Opinions on best car set up..

Nick-o-larse

Hi Guys,

With so much to chose from out there I really don't know what I'm looking at! so wondering what you people would get if you was to strip all your speakers out and start again.

I'm looking at picking up a Nissan Patrol GU7 / GU8 in a few months (AUSSIE) and the first thing i wanna do is to set up the speakers and then put some screens in for the kids.

From what Ive read the doors are 6" standard and some models have tweeters, some dont but i will be putting some in anyway.. Also 2 10" subs (not sure where there gonna go yet untill i get the thing but more than likely will be slim. 1 or 2 amps, not sure if 2 is necessary.

I wanna make this set up amazing, haven't got a real budget in mind yet!

Basically whats your ultimate set up?!

Cheers

Nick

need some sort of budget

id figure around $300 for deck

$200 for front speakers

$150 or so for amp

$250 for sub

$150 for sub amp

you can spend a lot less, but it will be, not so good and you can spend 10 times that

for kids, tablets and headphones. they never agree on movies anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Hi Guys,
With so much to chose from out there I really don't know what I'm looking at! so wondering what you people would get if you was to strip all your speakers out and start again.

I'm looking at picking up a Nissan Patrol GU7 / GU8 in a few months (AUSSIE) and the first thing i wanna do is to set up the speakers and then put some screens in for the kids.

From what Ive read the doors are 6" standard and some models have tweeters, some dont but i will be putting some in anyway.. Also 2 10" subs (not sure where there gonna go yet untill i get the thing but more than likely will be slim. 1 or 2 amps, not sure if 2 is necessary.

I wanna make this set up amazing, haven't got a real budget in mind yet!

Basically whats your ultimate set up?!

Cheers

Nick
I would be getting:
Morel Elate 3 ways with the mid/tweeter in the a pillar.

Morel Ultimo 8 inch in a kick up front.

Morel Elate 2 way components for rear foll and for the kids entertainment system.

IDMAX 15" sub

Mosconi amps

Don't know which HU for sure.

Awesome stuff there man! but I now realise that a budget is needed as this could need some organs sold!

Alright so a budget overall (forget the screens!)

$3000 AU with converts to $2300 US. ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM (scary maximum)

HU, 4 door speakers, tweeters, 2 subs amp.

Appreciate it.

Awesome stuff there man! but I now realise that a budget is needed as this could need some organs sold!
Alright so a budget overall (forget the screens!)

$3000 AU with converts to $2300 US. ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM (scary maximum)

HU, 4 door speakers, tweeters, 2 subs amp.

Appreciate it.
Can you assemble your own box?

IDmax 15" sub - $500

Pioneer 8604 - $130

Pioneer 9601 - $170

Hertz 3 way components - $500

Hertz rear fill (movies for kids) - $150

Dual Amp kit - $170

Overhead DVD - $300

Pioneer NEX - $250

Box building supplies - $100

$2270

If you have to pay install fees you could always use a less expensive sub and speakers.

IDmax 15" sub - $500Pioneer 8604 - $130

Pioneer 9601 - $170

Dual Amp kit - $170

Overhead DVD - $300

Pioneer NEX - $250

$2270

If you have to pay install fees you could always use a less expensive sub and speakers.
That’s a waste of good drivers to run passive.

Sorta true. They sound great passive also. If he had a bit more budget I'd run another amp and run them active for sure.
Nothing will sound great passive. Every car will need different CO points and timing. And the only HU that will get close to doing that is the P99RS.

IDmax 15" sub - $500Pioneer 8604 - $130

Pioneer 9601 - $170

Dual Amp kit - $170

Overhead DVD - $300

Pioneer NEX - $250

$2270

Thanks beentown.
Will have a nose at all the bits when I get to work. You love that sub?? I listen to alot of electronic music mainly dnb and chilled stuff but do have a fair bit of rock pumping. Wouldn't a 15 be too big?

I have done a few custom boxes back in the day so I'm sure I could whip something up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks beentown.
Will have a nose at all the bits when I get to work. You love that sub?? I listen to alot of electronic music mainly dnb and chilled stuff but do have a fair bit of rock pumping. Wouldn't a 15 be too big?

I have done a few custom boxes back in the day so I'm sure I could whip something up.

Assuming you are buying a properly designed woofer, piston diameter doesn't so much change the sound provided you build the appropriately sized box. You should decide precisely how much space you are willing to use and plan accordingly.

Also, I don't know if anybody caught that you live in Australia. What might cost us 1200$ to put together here may bust out of your budget after taxes and shipping. Might want to let us know what brands you can even get there. I'm guessing outside of mainstream (Rockford, kicker, Pioneer, Alpine, etc.) your other options will be either garbage or extreme premium price.

Assuming you are buying a properly designed woofer, piston diameter doesn't so much change the sound provided you build the appropriately sized box. You should decide precisely how much space you are willing to use and plan accordingly.
Also, I don't know if anybody caught that you live in Australia. What might cost us 1200$ to put together here may bust out of your budget after taxes and shipping. Might want to let us know what brands you can even get there. I'm guessing outside of mainstream (Rockford, kicker, Pioneer, Alpine, etc.) your other options will be either garbage or extreme premium price.
It is true I've been here for 3 years from the UK and the choices available aren't amazing.
There's a shop an hour away which is one of the better car audio shops. https://frankiesautoelectrics.com.au Rockford foreskin seems to be the best sold here. JL audio can be bought but not all the models are available.

My thought for placement of the sub would be between the middle seats and some drawers, not sure what space will be there probably should work out some measurements from what I can find on the web.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.