Wolfram 3000.1 for 2 IDQ 10's?

Clifff150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
So I am changing my setup again and am going to run IDQ's (always wanted to try ID). I bought a Wolfram 3000.1 as an impulse and am thinking about running it at 2 ohms for the IDQ's. They are rated at 500 rms each and the Wolfram is 2000 rms at 2 ohms. Think it would do alright by keeping the gains down? I also have an IA 10.1. I am going to sell whichever I don't use. Leaning towards the Wolfram for headroom down the road if I need it. Thoughts?

I do not. ID rates the 8's at 250, 10's at 500 and the 12's at 750. I assumed the v4's were going to be able to take more clean power than the rating.

So I am changing my setup again and am going to run IDQ's (always wanted to try ID). I bought a Wolfram 3000.1 as an impulse and am thinking about running it at 2 ohms for the IDQ's. They are rated at 500 rms each and the Wolfram is 2000 rms at 2 ohms. Think it would do alright by keeping the gains down? I also have an IA 10.1. I am going to sell whichever I don't use. Leaning towards the Wolfram for headroom down the road if I need it. Thoughts?
i assume u mean sealed box?, what do u think about daytons? how much you want for the 10.1?

I was going to go Aero port. Box will be a little over 2 cubes before displacement. I honestly have no idea on price. I usually don't sell things and keep them stored away haha.

With properly set gain, you should be fine, I think that it is usually better to have more than you actually need. Kind of like, you can always cut it, but you can't stretch it mentality. And if you are porting them, make sure to tune the box well and to use the subsonic filter on whichever amp that you choose to run because overpowering and improper tuning will equal the release of that ole magic smoke dude.

I ran 4 12" IDQ's off a mmats 4000.05(3800rms actual power) and I couldn't touch the gain and they got warm after about 20 mins of play ft
sounds about right, mmats amps are some of the best besides the fact that they're super expensive and limited to 4k

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

With properly set gain, you should be fine, I think that it is usually better to have more than you actually need. Kind of like, you can always cut it, but you can't stretch it mentality. And if you are porting them, make sure to tune the box well and to use the subsonic filter on whichever amp that you choose to run because overpowering and improper tuning will equal the release of that ole magic smoke dude.
this, after rise it should be just fine.

learn your setup, if they get hot turn the gain down. its that simple

I got 1200 rated on my single. It does fine but it is backed off. I went with the large sealed which has the best response. So I can bottom it out with all the power and a bass heavy song. So if you do the same you are buying more amp then you need.

Yeah I figured after box rise I'll be fine, just keep the gain down. Need to make up my mind which amp I want to use since I'll need to decide between D2 and D4. I'll definitely let y'all know about the IA if I sell it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.