Choosing a New HU & Subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

The_Grimy_One
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Phoenix, AZ
In the market for a new head and a new sub.

Sub will be paired to 1000 watts at 1 ohm

Looking to probably do a 15 that does well sealed...

Or maybe a small ported box 12

Also, I remember being told that the JVC KD-X340BTS was a great budget single din, does the new JVC KD-X350BTS fit this bill as well?

Lastly, what are some of the best budget double din units out there? Kenwood? JVC? I usually use Pioneer but have become fond of some of the features the other decks have as of late.

Thanks for your help in advance.

In the market for a new head and a new sub.
Sub will be paired to 1000 watts at 1 ohm

Looking to probably do a 15 that does well sealed...

Or maybe a small ported box 12

Also, I remember being told that the JVC KD-X340BTS was a great budget single din, does the new JVC KD-X350BTS fit this bill as well?

Lastly, what are some of the best budget double din units out there? Kenwood? JVC? I usually use Pioneer but have become fond of some of the features the other decks have as of late.

Thanks for your help in advance.
When I was going through the head unit phase I was looking for the x340 as well but had to get the 350 instead it's the new model all the good stuff of the 3:40 plus more can't go wrong with it for a budget head unit sorry but that is the only one of your questions I know the answer to

Great. Thank you. I like that it is shorter than the normal decks.
my kenwood single din x301 is pretty good the jvc are owned by them or vise versa now so about the same hu.. just get one with 24 bit da convertor or higher and 13 band eq and time alignment with xovers if u need them

my kenwood single din x301 is pretty good the jvc are owned by them or vise versa now so about the same hu.. just get one with 24 bit da convertor or higher and 13 band eq and time alignment with xovers if u need them
Gotcha. Was wondering why their websites are almost identical haha.

Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.