what HU's everyone using these days

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
idaho
Debating whether or not to keep my kenwood or upgrade ? Im looking for an HU that has 3 RCS outs, and has really good settings for audio.... i love my kenwoods "space enhancer" and "sound elevation" options.... they really affect the system. Looking to stay around the 200 area but obviously the more money i can save the better; but im not trying to cheap out on this build either.

Debating whether or not to keep my kenwood or upgrade ? Im looking for an HU that has 3 RCS outs, and has really good settings for audio.... i love my kenwoods "space enhancer" and "sound elevation" options.... they really affect the system. Looking to stay around the 200 area but obviously the more money i can save the better; but im not trying to cheap out on this build either.
Definitely check out JVC head units. Kenwood bought them out and they are killer killer head units for the price. a few members highly recommend them. I have always loved them but upon the recommendations went and got one of the new models. I got the KD - x350BTS it has the same features that you're talking about, and has pretty much every audio function you could want including time alignment, and network mode so you can run active. only thing about the model I guy is it's not a CD player. but if you really want a CD player the KD995BTS is a great model that has all the same features plus a CD player, and it's only like 160. mine was around 80 but if you buy from Crutchfield you get the wiring harness and dash kit for free. I was going to get the 995, but couldn't find one locally so I ended up just running up to BestBuy and getting the x350 so I could have one that day

Definitely check out JVC head units. Kenwood bought them out and they are killer killer head units for the price. a few members highly recommend them. I have always loved them but upon the recommendations went and got one of the new models. I got the KD - x350BTS it has the same features that you're talking about, and has pretty much every audio function you could want including time alignment, and network mode so you can run active. only thing about the model I guy is it's not a CD player. but if you really want a CD player the KD995BTS is a great model that has all the same features plus a CD player, and it's only like 160. mine was around 80 but if you buy from Crutchfield you get the wiring harness and dash kit for free. I was going to get the 995, but couldn't find one locally so I ended up just running up to BestBuy and getting the x350 so I could have one that day
ok so question about this, in my research it shows i need one of these

(https://www.amazon.com/Metra-99-8901-Installation-2005-2007-Excluding/dp/B000LU9QD6/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Subaru%7C13&Model=Outback%7C66&Year=2007%7C2007&ie=UTF8&n=1077068&newVehicle=1&s=car&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive)

Would that be included if i bought from crutchfield? if so that really narrows down my search too haha!

To be honest man I have no idea. I personally haven't ordered anything from them. the only reason I know they include free install accessories is because I seen the memo when browsing their site, plus it's been brought up here a few times. sorry wish I could be more help, hopefully another member with more experience sees this and chimes in.

Actually ignore my above post I am pretty sure that they include the wiring harness and mounting kit it should tell you if you just hop on their site and check it out even if you had to go through all the steps like you're about to buy it and then don't just to see if it does come with it or shoot them an email or phone call but I think it does come included

kenwood x301 i love it.. many peeps that have active xover for mids/highs use pioneer 80prs
his 998 is way better quality than your x301 gramps.... Its an upper eschelon elite kenwood head unit compared to your budget head unit. Zero comparison.

yeah its a little more for it but if i need it i need it right?
Its pretty useless to change head units unless you are willing to do an active network setup. You will see zero gains swapping it out to anything else. You already have one of the higher quality head units out there. Only thing its lacking is active networks.

DEH 80 PRS is still a great unit. You may be able to get it for around 250 from a few places. I know Sonicelectronix includes a certain amount towards harness and dash kit. Crutchfield may also depending on the cost of dash kit. I know for Mini they give 50 towards the two pieces due to cost of each.

his 998 is way better quality than your x301 gramps.... Its an upper eschelon elite kenwood head unit compared to your budget head unit. Zero comparison.

Its pretty useless to change head units unless you are willing to do an active network setup. You will see zero gains swapping it out to anything else. You already have one of the higher quality head units out there. Only thing its lacking is active networks.
That's true, I'm selling my old car to the girlfriend so I was debating just keeping it in their, but if it's still one of the better ones put their I'll steal it , I'm taking my polks as well and giving her the alppnes up front as a trial run for how She treats speakers, just hoping it won't sound funny having components run off the HU

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
brafferty
idaho
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from