Amp powers off w/ heavy bass

LetMyBeatPound

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Hey guys,

I couldn't find the thread I posted where someone told me to run new remote power wire so I'm just making a new thread. When the bass hits very hard in my ride my amp turns off now. Doesn't go into protect. Don't matter if I been playing it for an hour or 5 minutes. Certain songs that when the bass hits my amp turns off instantly. Only thing that has happened with my amp is I upgraded my RCAs to Knukoncepts ones and the when I pulled it out the RCA cap came out with it off of the amp. They went back in fine but the problem did seem to get worse after this I think.

Though it was the headunit possibly having some sort of clipping protection but that wasn't it, was told it could be a short in the remote wire. So I tapped a 20amp fuse to give me a 12v constant, put a switch, and ran the power with a heavier gage ofc wire. And still the problem persist.

Anything else this could be or is my amp just beginning to fail?

Again, thank you in advance to anyone who may reply.

Is your remote line ran off a relay? If it is check the relay, if it's not I would add one for sure. it make sure that your amp has proper voltage at the remote terminal. I have seen people have problems because they didn't have relays for their amps. What happens is that when you pull too much power through the remote line the voltage drops to a point where the amp does not recognize it as enough to be on, so it shuts off. I have also seen it make peoples bass get really weak then after adding a relay their bass was strong again.

1.Trust me there is nothing loose unless it's inside of the amp.

2. Yes my voltage meter is hooked up at the amp per/gnd inputs.

3. Yes my ground points are sanded bare, even have dielectric grease on all my grounding points.

4. I think I may need to add a relay like Jeffro83 said.

But I think it's more than liking something internal with the amp.

Because it does only happen at certain frequencys. I could have it up way loud playing fine, then a certain song comes on and as soon as the bass drops, poof the amp goes off, then without changing anything but the song, I reset the amp and it works fine again.

Yea when I first hooked it up I put the ground into the pwr and when. I tagged the ground it sparked pretty bad, but it has always been fine. Until I switched HUs, then it started to very occasionally do it, it only would happen when I was majorly abusing it. But now a few days ago the problem suddenly became worse, and yes I use to have no trouble with said certain songs that now make it turn off.

Can I just add a jumper wire from my power input to the remote input to test whether it is happening because of the amp, or if it's something to do else where?
I was going to suggest that. It at least rules out issues with the +12 rem signal from the head unit being the issue. I haven't had amps power off on me playing hard since class A/B days and you certainly should not on your electrical with your amps.

Yea I'll try when I get home, then if it's still doing it I'll try to get ahold of Alphard Audio to see if they will repair or replace it under warranty.
Thanks guys.
Let us know how it works out. if you can try to disconnect the power then hook up the remote wire jumper, and then reconnect the power away from the amp for safety. you don't have to do it that way obviously. but I strongly recommend it especially if it's not overly hard to do because as soon as you touch the 12 volt to the remote lead on the amp it will turn the amp on and if you slip and hit the ground you will be directly shorting it out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.