Is this box total junk?

Participant count
  • Participant list
That price plus shipping would be 180-200 depending on where you are.

If you're willing to spend that much on a rinky dink mdf carpet box with terminal cups you could throw in another 50 and get a way better box that is specific to your sub at a local shop.

It's not that price. I found it for $79
#1 box isn't big enough after sub disp (u would be at 1.5cf) port may actually be big enough at least it's not tiny (if specs are right) but i just checked tuning and it's above 45hz with only 15" long port.. so no matter what you do it';s hard to get a prefab ported box to be right size and have big enough port and it be long enough.. i'm one of maybe 3 here that runs box from ebay (i designed mine to be correct size and tuning though) even harder to find one correct for truck.

So the tuning isn't 33hz ok. 1.5ft^3 is ok. I haven't chose a sub yet. But 45hz tuning no way i wouldn't do that.
thats whats what wins program said i just did it online port calc it came up like 42.5hz but still.. they never subtract sub disp because they don't know what sub you have, many don't even subtract the port... here's port calc just put in box size after sub disp, click slot port sqaure or round put in port area (4x5" or whatever) and tuning u want, it'll show u how long port has to be to get to tuning u want. so 33hz that port would have to be 27" long which means box would have to be much larger just to maintain the 1.5cf Port Length Calculator

So the tuning isn't 33hz ok. 1.5ft^3 is ok. I haven't chose a sub yet. But 45hz tuning no way i wouldn't do that.
1.5 cubic feet is NOT okay for a 12. there's also no way you achieve 33hz with 1.5 cubic feet with adequate port area to not strangle the sub. Box is 1000% garbage. Might work if you seal up the hole and cut open a new one for a 10 inch sub. Definitely not suitable at all in any sense for a 12 inch sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.