4th order vs series 6th for single 8”

Participant count
  • Participant list

Darth_Immitis

CarAudio.com Elite
My new girl surprised me out of the blue with a new CT Sounds Strato 2.0 8” d2 cuz I told her I was in the market for an 8” sub to use temporarily in my car while I wait for the AG15. Once the 15 arrives this 8 will be used alongside a car audio boombox I’m making for my room(4x 6.5, 2x BZRK flush mount tweets, and a double din JVC hu, all run off an Xbox 360 power supply.) I’ll worry about how I’ll power the 8” once the time comes.

I’m looking for pros and cons for each, theoretically which will dig deeper or be louder. I only care about 28-48hz.

So for now I’m stuck between a 2:1 series 6th or 5:1 4th order. I don’t want to do another plain Jane ported I wanna dip my **** in something new. Space is no issue. I have the design already for the 4th order I just need someone to make a cut sheet for me OR if someone wants to HELP me design a series 6th that would be awesome to. I’m paying $930 a month in child support so I’m broke so I’m really just looking for guidance. I don’t have a computer or I would do it myself!

new girl .......... $930 a month in child support...
You are a slow learner.

Aperiodic Bi Chamber is worth a try. Pretty simple to come up with proportions but it's a big box and you'll want to be pretty precise in measurements for best results.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.