digital media head unit recommendation

Participant count
  • Participant list
I typically go for Pioneer. Is one better than another here, or are they kind of all the same?
What are you trying to accomplish? If you stick with those proven brands you'll typically get what you pay for, the only real difference being maybe a few features and just look and feel of the thing. In general I'd avoid the absolute bottom price range of anything.

I typically go for Pioneer. Is one better than another here, or are they kind of all the same?
I know you said you typically go for Pioneer, but you should at least look at the JVC KD-x350BTS. highly recommended by some members here. I just picked one up and love it so far haven't really got to use it yet though, but it's definitely nice and at less than a hundred bucks it is killing most other units and its price range, but In fairness I am definitely not a head unit Guru.

What are you trying to accomplish? If you stick with those proven brands you'll typically get what you pay for, the only real difference being maybe a few features and just look and feel of the thing. In general I'd avoid the absolute bottom price range of anything.
Good question. I should have thought to state that.

Generally I'm trying to get the highest sound quality possible out of the head unit. The -80PRS is the obvious choice in that regard, but budget restrictions took it out of the running.

In the end, I grabbed a Pioneer MVH-S501BS off Crutchfield since they include the trim pieces and wiring harness for free. The feature list hit all my high points (AOA + Android app control, 6 channel 4 volt pre-outs, etc etc).

Good question. I should have thought to state that.
Generally I'm trying to get the highest sound quality possible out of the head unit. The -80PRS is the obvious choice in that regard, but budget restrictions took it out of the running.

In the end, I grabbed a Pioneer MVH-S501BS off Crutchfield since they include the trim pieces and wiring harness for free. The feature list hit all my high points (AOA + Android app control, 6 channel 4 volt pre-outs, etc etc).
Anything with 6 pre amp outs should be into the tier where it won't have bad sound. Pop back and write a review of it in that section for the benefit of the next guy.

Anything with 6 pre amp outs should be into the tier where it won't have bad sound. Pop back and write a review of it in that section for the benefit of the next guy.
Honestly I probably won't be able to tell a difference...but if I can, then there will definitely be something to say.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.