Hi Res player for audio playback?

nate0

CarAudio.com Regular
I'm thinking about purchasing a Hi Res player for playing back my lossless audio tracks. My head unit has a 3.5mm input. Is that the best solution for lossless audio file playback? It's in most cases better than CD quality. I'm just tired of burning discs left and right...

I tried searching the forums for this topic, but my searches keep producing no results even with popular keywords...

if you want a high res player get a high res unit. the 3.5mm jack will do nothing for high res music.
...And that was going to be my next question. Thanks. Would it even benefit from my current deck's capability...

Are you sure I would get no benefit over a 5 year old smart phone's playback opposed to a hi res player's? Even if my decks 3.5mm jack is standard?

How much post processing off the wire is needed after a hi res player to keep the signal sounding good? I'm guessing a high res head unit might cost about the same...

You can get pretty good sound quality with just a bluetooth phone and something like a pioneer 80prs and running active with some basic tuning

if you're truly talking about hi-res, it's going to get expensive.
@Jeffdachef can give you better information when he has some time to reply

The new Sony Hi Res unit has Optic out but its 1500.00 The Pioneer DEH80-PRS can take SD cards that you can probably replace a bunch of disc with. I think I had a 128GB card in mine and it was ok. The 3.5mm jack is about the worse option you can go with If possible atleast try to go 3.5mm from phone to RCA inputs if HU is capable.

...And that was going to be my next question. Thanks. Would it even benefit from my current deck's capability...
Are you sure I would get no benefit over a 5 year old smart phone's playback opposed to a hi res player's? Even if my decks 3.5mm jack is standard?

How much post processing off the wire is needed after a hi res player to keep the signal sounding good? I'm guessing a high res head unit might cost about the same...
If the rest of your audio setup ***** and your head unit's DAC *****, high res files wont save your system at all. Yes an SQ oriented head unit is a must for good audio.

I agree with Hi Res Audio. I also heard it and it sounds great. I am slowly moving into that direction in my ride. last month i purchased a new Pioneer HU that will play both Wave and FLAC files from the USB port. FLAC files are hi res files. I also can play wave files. Wave files are like a CD lossless music. FLAC files are able to play the higher bit rate music ( Hi Res ) also lossless music. You can get a Pioneer HU under $200 that plays those files. Also many other brands can play them too. Just look at the specs and look for the ability to play FLAC or other hi res files. Kenwood this year has a whole new line of hi res audio HU, Amps, Speakers. Also pioneer and Sony do to. And i recently saw Audison brand has some hi res equipment too. I hope by years end the other car audio companies will start selling hi res audio amps and speakers. I am thinking of later this year to maybe purchase the Kenwood XR401-4 4 ch amp hi res certified. The amp is only $349 at most places. I thought hi res would cost more but no. I good set of Hi Res speakers components are under $500. So to get a great sounding Hi Res audio sound system should not break the bank.

I agree with Hi Res Audio. I also heard it and it sounds great. I am slowly moving into that direction in my ride. last month i purchased a new Pioneer HU that will play both Wave and FLAC files from the USB port. FLAC files are hi res files. I also can play wave files. Wave files are like a CD lossless music. FLAC files are able to play the higher bit rate music ( Hi Res ) also lossless music. You can get a Pioneer HU under $200 that plays those files. Also many other brands can play them too. Just look at the specs and look for the ability to play FLAC or other hi res files. Kenwood this year has a whole new line of hi res audio HU, Amps, Speakers. Also pioneer and Sony do to. And i recently saw Audison brand has some hi res equipment too. I hope by years end the other car audio companies will start selling hi res audio amps and speakers. I am thinking of later this year to maybe purchase the Kenwood XR401-4 4 ch amp hi res certified. The amp is only $349 at most places. I thought hi res would cost more but no. I good set of Hi Res speakers components are under $500. So to get a great sounding Hi Res audio sound system should not break the bank.
You are not our queen. you are a non-beliver. We spit on you!!

https://medium.com/@skikirkwood/truth-lies-and-fraud-in-the-audiophile-world-a365e56c97c4

If you want to spend money on placebo knock yourself out. I have had many people in the studio that could not tell the difference between a multitrack 24/192 uncompressed separate wav tracks played through a daw, or a 128k mp3 played through windows media player on the same computer/interface/monitor system.

Maybe their ears/brain are just not as picky as others around here then? Granted most things are relative to the individual, but that is ok. I did not get this deck to build out a HI-Res audio system. I got it because it was 80 bucks, has a better DAC then my other Kenwood and sampling rate. It also plays DVD audio. Of course here in life there are lots of choices to keep us busy...If it ain't one placebo taking folks money it is another

What was that? how rude. Did not your mother tell you not to spit. I was commenting on the post. Ok you don't like Hi Res, I do and also the poster does to. That's ok. No need to be a jerk. I hope most people on here are not like you.

And NO, someone like you i would never be your queen. I prefer respectful men.

Yes I read that, So what. I like it and i have heard Hi Res and i think its great. I have Wavelab editing software and i have been remastering my music for years and yes, i can tell differences in the music from a MP3 compression to a lossless music like wave files. The MP3 file has lower quality music. So you can have your opinion. I have researched this Hi Res audio and I like it and to me it sounds great. So what is your point with posting the link. If you have nothing to add to this post then don't.

Yes I read that, So what. I like it and i have heard Hi Res and i think its great. I have Wavelab editing software and i have been remastering my music for years and yes, i can tell differences in the music from a MP3 compression to a lossless music like wave files. The MP3 file has lower quality music. So you can have your opinion. I have researched this Hi Res audio and I like it and to me it sounds great. So what is your point with posting the link. If you have nothing to add to this post then don't.
You do not know da way and obviosly have ebola.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.