Looking for normal amp with sub if necssary

wolfrose

Hello,

I opened a thread before a year asking about good speakers, members told me to go with JBL or Rockford, but eventually I saw new 5-way pioneer speakers and bought them for front and rear. I wish I followed the members' advice, I think these pioneer are just like any other speakers I didn't notice the 5-way sound qualities, maybe they are there, maybe they need an amp. So, my current set is:

1. Joying 10" head unit.

2. Front speakers pioneer a1686r 350w.

3. Rear speakers a6996r 650w.

I'm looking now for more crisp and rich sound not looking for loud sound.

My 2 concerns now are:

1. Of course BOSS is one of the cheapest amps on Amazon, I'm not looking to drive the speakers loud I'm just looking for get more sound quality.

2. Also is the sub-woofer necessary? If so, which one is good for budget just enough to get the deep sound and not a high bass.

Hello,
I opened a thread before a year asking about good speakers, members told me to go with JBL or Rockford, but eventually I saw new 5-way pioneer speakers and bought them for front and rear. I wish I followed the members' advice, I think these pioneer are just like any other speakers I didn't notice the 5-way sound qualities, maybe they are there, maybe they need an amp. So, my current set is:

1. Joying 10" head unit.

2. Front speakers pioneer a1686r 350w.

3. Rear speakers a6996r 650w.

I'm looking now for more crisp and rich sound not looking for loud sound.

My 2 concerns now are:

1. Of course BOSS is one of the cheapest amps on Amazon, I'm not looking to drive the speakers loud I'm just looking for get more sound quality.

2. Also is the sub-woofer necessary? If so, which one is good for budget just enough to get the deep sound and not a high bass.
I’d stay away from Boss even as a budget amp they are nothing but total distortion

OK if BOSS is not an option, then the upper amp I found on Amazon is the ROCKFORD amp:

https://www.amazon.com/Rockford-R300X4-Prime-4-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B00BF6HYBG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1524145746&sr=8-5&keywords=4+channel+amp

Also how about this pioneer sub:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KK2QZI8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I’d stay away from Boss even as a budget amp they are nothing but total distortion
OK, how about my above selections?

The Rockford would be a much better choice in amps ...and should be fine as far as budget subs ..I have a couple of those Pioneers myself but haven’t had a chance to try them yet

The Rockford would be a much better choice in amps ...and should be fine as far as budget subs ..I have a couple of those Pioneers myself but haven’t had a chance to try them yet
So those pioneers not so bad? How these pioneers series compared to a ROCKFORD or JBL? But I think of course the ROCKs and JBLs are much better with sound crisp and rich qualities.

So those pioneers not so bad? How these pioneers series compared to a ROCKFORD or JBL? But I think of course the ROCKs and JBLs are much better with sound crisp and rich qualities.
I’d go JBL on sub over the Pioneer ..I run jbl subs in a couple of vehicles and have been pleased with the sound ..

I’d go JBL on sub over the Pioneer ..I run jbl subs in a couple of vehicles and have been pleased with the sound ..
So mix of pioneer speakers and JBL sub is OK? Alright, so how about ROCKFORD or JBL sub?

also what else do I need for wiring, one on Amazon suggested me this wiring kit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005IY3BI6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1NLNJ4Y2QP8Z&psc=1

Is this kit enough for all the wiring of the speakers and sub?

Also what about the capacitor people on Amazon told me I have to get one of those caps.

So mix of pioneer speakers and JBL sub is OK?
Also what about the capacitor people on Amazon told me I have to get one of those caps.
mixing them is fine

that rockford amp looks like a decent chouce, a few folks have purchased it and been reasonably happy with it

no cap. just get adequate wiring and do the big 3. if you need more juice, get an AGM battery

mixing them is fine
that rockford amp looks like a decent chouce, a few folks have purchased it and been reasonably happy with it

no cap. just get adequate wiring and do the big 3. if you need more juice, get an AGM battery
Juice you mean bombing the speakers with a high loud sound? No, I'm looking just for crisp, rich and more detailed sound.

Also you need to go with a 4 gauge power wire kit ..that amp will accept 4 gauge and that will give you much better current flow
https://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-KCA-Complete-Gauge-Installation/dp/B0050I6KII/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1524154100&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=KnuKonceptz+4+Gauge

Found this one, also not looking for bombing the speakers and the sub. Just normal sound levels little high not too much.

get the pioneer 3003 12 sub it's $80 and it's 5x's better than the lower ones

Alright, so what would you choose of these 3 brands of subwoofers, rockford, pioneer or jbl?
not jbl and none of the lower end rf but what power will u have to sub because that has a lot to do with which sub will work on that power. the pioneer 3003 has a 96db sensitivity rating (most subs are around 89db) so the 3003 will work pretty well even on 300rms but mine took over 900rms for 9 months.. if you like sundown get a E 12 it should need 400-600rms, all of thee subs are better ported the E for sure but the pioneer will do ok sealed.. youdoo has the rf p3 sealed (with a good amount of power) so he can answer how 1 may do on low power..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.