Sundown Sa 15 d4 rev3

dandan2980

Hello everyone I am new here. I have a question about a Sundown 15 Sa 4 rev3.

Here it goes, I am buying one of these off a guy for $100 and my only concern is that my amp is too powerful. I have a kicker CXA 1800.1 that does 1800 rms @ 2ohms which is what I plan on using for this sub. I know this is way more than it needs but do you guys have any recommendations that would help me not blow this sub. I mean do you guys think if I keep the gain on the amp down I will be alright.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Hello everyone I am new here. I have a question about a Sundown 15 Sa 4 rev3.Here it goes, I am buying one of these off a guy for $100 and my only concern is that my amp is too powerful. I have a kicker CXA 1800.1 that does 1800 rms @ 2ohms which is what I plan on using for this sub. I know this is way more than it needs but do you guys have any recommendations that would help me not blow this sub. I mean do you guys think if I keep the gain on the amp down I will be alright.

Do you have the proper electrical to properly run that amp? If so, then yes, setting your gains properly and you will be fine, also what type of enclosure do you have?

Do you have the proper electrical to properly run that amp? If so, then yes, setting your gains properly and you will be fine, also what type of enclosure do you have?
Yes I have a mechman 270 amp alternator the big 3 under the hood and I have 0 gauge running to the amp. I am running off the stock battery though. The vehicle is a 2014 Silverado double cab.The enclosure that is coming with the speaker is a prefab so I know that I will need to build a custom one. How big and what should I tune at for this set up?

This is a pic of the sub in the enclosure I'm picking it up Thursday. Definitely a prefab
bb776cecd9add50ae699a59e5cc22834.jpg

IMO a mid-low 30's tune at about 4ft3 net should be about right... I was playing around and modeled it up for your power.

This is what I came up with...

OMCsjQ.jpg

Hope that helps.

If you'd like me to try for a different configuration lemme know... I just drew that one up quick for an Suv.

IMO a mid-low 30's tune at about 4ft3 net should be about right... I was playing around and modeled it up for your power.This is what I came up with...

OMCsjQ.jpg

Hope that helps.

If you'd like me to try for a different configuration lemme know... I just drew that one up quick for an Suv.
Sweet thanks, I would most definitely need to fire the sub up and the port either towards the passenger doors or up. The sub is going the the backseat of a 2014 Silverado. The max I can have to clear the doors to get a box in is 17-18 inches. And 36 inches would be my max width. If you feel like posting another that would be appreciated

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.