2nd Gen Tundra (2010) Crewmax (NON JBL) Speaker Upgrade Questions

Participant count
  • Participants list

fatboytyler

CarAudio.com Elite
First off, long time no see former and new members!

I inherited a 2010 Tundra and just sold my old 2000 Tundra this weekend, thus finally stripped out all my speakers and amps. I'm looking to put my old setup into this 2010, but I've been reading some strange things that Toyota did and am looking for suggestions.

First off I'm keeping the factory head unit so I'll be hooking into an Audiocontrol LC7i. From my understanding, Toyota used a proprietary speaker size that resembles a 6x9 in the front doors that requires aftermarket brackets to fit ANY 3rd party speaker. In my case I'm putting in 6.5" speakers. Do any of you Tundra people have suggestions for which brackets to get? I'm not worry about the rear speakers at the moment as I don't have an aftermarket set for them and will be leaving them factory or simply disconnecting them for now.

This truck also has the tweeters in the dash panel, which may require a bracket, if so what do you all recommend? Or would you all recommend just cutting a hole in the door panel and mounting my tweets there?

The 6.5" are the CDT ES-6iM accompanied with CDT TW125 tweeters. I'll also be putting in my 2 SA-12 subs in there so if anyone could point me in the direction of someone that could redesign a box (just a design plan) for me it'd be appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.