Well the GMC truck is gone...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rich00
10+ year member

Old timer
Long story short I now have a 2005 dodge ram regular cab. It has a JL 12w1 and rockford punch 300.1 along with hertz components. It had a kenwood excelon x797 I put my x998 in it.

I just dont care for that x998 in this truck. I think I'm just wanting a new head unit. Anyway I dont want a double din.

I like to have a lot of features. I won't be going active so thats not a worry. I have been looking around and my choices have been narrowed down to:

Alpine 164bt

Alpine 149bt

Kenwood excelon x998(mine)

Whatever else...

I'm sure 4v+ preouts are standard but I'm oldschool and that is a must have.

I am looking to spend no more than $250. I'll open on brands just want something that looks cool and has a bunch a features. I like features, like supreme, time alignment, speaker size selector, and stuff like that.

The x998 is a nice unit. I have a x891 and love it I also just put a Kenwood ddx395 in my 2011 Tahoe and like it a lot
Yes the x998 is a nice unit but the display is terrible. If it's sunny out you can't read it. Getting the windows tinted will help but its still difficult.

I just took out my 149bt for a double din. I really liked it and was easy to use. It replaced my Kenwood x996 and I liked the Alpine better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Rich00

10+ year member
Old timer
Rich00
springfield mo
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date