2X12" OR 1X15" which sounds deeper?

XxAndreaxX

spain
I know given the same Output WATTS, 2x12" will sound louder than 1x15".

but I don't want louder sound, but I'm searching for deeper bass.

I know 1 single 15 will sound deeper than single 12 because of the physics of the bigger membrane.

given the extra Surface área of the 2x12", will it be posible to get more low end bass out of it than a single 15??

thanks

A 12 or 15 will play the same range. One can go just as deep as the other and response is enclosure dependent. 2 12's would be louder based upon cone area of the exact same woofers. Assuming a correct box and same amplifier are used.

I know given the same Output WATTS, 2x12" will sound louder than 1x15".but I don't want louder sound, but I'm searching for deeper bass.

I know 1 single 15 will sound deeper than single 12 because of the physics of the bigger membrane.

given the extra Surface área of the 2x12", will it be posible to get more low end bass out of it than a single 15??

thanks
Completely wrong, whoever told you that is a complete idiot.

Your box is what's crucial,... nevermind the bigger membrane nonsense. You want crush some lows fine an experienced box builder, discuss your goals and equipment sub , amp , electrical, vehicle...and you should be good to go

my goal is the deepest bass posible, cheapest way and spacesaving. My car is a sedane, alfa romeo 159.

I could fit 2x 15" using the whole trunk, putting the port-tube on the back of the sub, that separates the trunk from the cockpit.

could the trunk act as enclosure itself???

my goal is the deepest bass posible, cheapest way and spacesaving. My car is a sedane, alfa romeo 159.I could fit 2x 15" using the whole trunk, putting the port-tube on the back of the sub, that separates the trunk from the cockpit.

could the trunk act as enclosure itself???
whats your definition of deep bass? Actual deep bass(10-25hz) doesnt really feel all that loud(unless you are 155+ db at those freqs), its mainly a wind tunnel with a lot of pressure. Other people who never experience deep bass think 32hz is deep which is really not deep at all.

Getting deep bass mainly is from how the enclosure is designed and how it interacts with your vehicle's peak frequency. Its a lot harder to get lows out of a smaller car with a high resonant frequency which will require a lot of deadening to lower the peak along with a low tuned box or 4th order or even a wall.

Ok, I'll search 2x 15" subs, not more expensive than 120€ each, with good excursión (Xmax min 20mm) but Little wattage, my amp makes max 1600W RMS at 1ohm

You know some Brand that fits these specs?

Got ground zero over there? They make some decent stuff. Or what about pride audio? Got those in Spain?
I've not seen 18" at Pride, and ground zero is waaaay to expensive for me.

I saw the 18" of Skar audio at 240$ low wattage and high excursión. that would be perfect for my needs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.