9 wire vs running new wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
So I don’t even have it yet but I’m going to be buying my father in laws ‘13 Sentra it has factory nav so I’m going to be keeping the stock deck in place (first time ever not having an aftermarket deck) and using a lc2i. For subs I’m gonna run a JL Audio w6 12ae in jl factory box ran off a Jbl 751ez amp.

I’ll eventually upgrade the speakers and run a 4 channel but I’ve always ran new wire because I’ve had older vehicles that are easy to take apart and don’t have to worry about fudging them up in the process. I’ve never used 9 wire and even though I’m not gonna be running a ton of power the highest awg I can find is 18 same as most factory speaker wire.

Thoughts?

Who else uses 9 wire?

I have a new roll of 9 wire ..stinger brand...I don’t remember if it’s 18 or 16g ..I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet ..
Prolly 18awg. I've used the stinger and audiopipe with good success.

OP you could buy the individual colors you want, twist them together and wrap them in techflex. I did that for my aux switch panel minus the techflex

Prolly 18awg. I've used the stinger and audiopipe with good success.
OP you could buy the individual colors you want, twist them together and wrap them in techflex. I did that for my aux switch panel minus the techflex
I figure it’s 18g as well ..I figured I’d need it for a project eventually

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.