is the amp fixable or not?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TupacThaDon1971
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
sandusky
ok i have an Alpine M-1000 and have been through hell and back as to what was wrong with my setup, but i finally hooked it up to a friends system, and it proved the amp seems to be my problem.....The amp turns on and appears normal, but their is no sound whatsoever coming out of it. Buddy's system worked fine, i hooked my amp up, no sound, hooked his back up and it worked so its the amp for sure.....is this fixable in anyway or is it trash??

Figure it'll cost you @ 100$ plus shipping to and from a repair shop at a guess. I'm going to guess if you didn't have smoke pouring out of it or some other really obvious catastrophic failure it's fixable.

Zed Audio (California)

DB-R (Texas)

Amp Medics (Florida)

Amp-Lab (Maine)

are all reliable shops. There may be more but I haven't used others so can't vouch for them.

Yeah I only paid $120 for it, was wanting to actually sell it but maybe I'll just post as is and see where it goes...I can't figure out how to do pictures on this site...idk why it's so difficult for me or difficult in general but maybe I'll take the back of tomorrow and check it out

Yeah I only paid $120 for it, was wanting to actually sell it but maybe I'll just post as is and see where it goes...I can't figure out how to do pictures on this site...idk why it's so difficult for me or difficult in general but maybe I'll take the back of tomorrow and check it out
How much you selling it for ?

Alright I took some...how do I post the picture....what is the URL address to my photos?...snapped em with my phone and they are in my gallery...what next?

jz1PWw9.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.