Design Help

I am trying to design an enclosure around .75-.80 ft^3 tuned to around 32htz for either a Sundown E8, or a SKAR VD8. with the sundown I will have to make a few more adjustments in order to fit the magnet. Anyway, just need to know if these calculations are right. When I plug in the numbers, it comes out right, but the port size seems off. Thanks in advance, Ryan

View attachment 26557385

Is that all your available space? or can the depth go to 6.25" for that E-8? That's using .75" materials. That's the depth I'd use if possible. I'd certainly go with the Sundown over the Skar if possible.

I like those simple small boxes... lol... and those Sundown E-8's do ok. This was quick and easy to whip up

RlTdZk.jpg

I had an E8 in my last truck, but it had captain chairs in the back and was able to build the recommended box from Sundown. My current ride is a 2005 crew cab f150, I need to put it under the seat, so without a seat lift, this is all the space I have and I'd really rather not do a lift because people ride back there often. I figured if I went with the Sundown, I could just cut the back out for the magnet and it should be able to work and go into the seat bottom. I currently have a cheap Skar EV 10 sealed in about .5ft^3, it sounds decent at low volumes, but peters out when i try to get too loud...

Both. Mine came with the FoxBoxs I have in two trucks. The other I made. Super easy. Just cut out/drill some MDF in my case.
I agree, a 2" lift will open up a lot of options if you are looking to get louder. IDK how the OP's truck looks under the seat but this went under the seat with a 2" lift on a F-150, not sure of the year tho... sorry

Cq06Ye.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.