question on gain setting on sundown scv1500d

bajbass

baj
Just wondered if its normal to have an unsually high gain setting on this amp...mine is set around the 3/4 mark anything less than that i dont seem to get that much output..every other amp i had b4 with the same alpine deck was good with 1/4 on the gain seems fishy..

Just wondered if its normal to have an unsually high gain setting on this amp...mine is set around the 3/4 mark anything less than that i dont seem to get that much output..every other amp i had b4 with the same alpine deck was good with 1/4 on the gain seems fishy..
it does seem high.. some amp gains can be less sensitive than others.. check rcas make sure both are working and all other wires are good..

yup done all that already
it could be messed up or "knob" coulda been put on wrong.. set gain by voltage with a 50hz tone, at least u shouldn't be over driving amp if u do that.. here's video but basically if u want 1500 rms at 1 ohm with 50hz tone with hu at 80% volume (don't go higher than that) with all boost loudness and bass eq off volts u want at amp output is 38.7v on meter (probes stuck in speakers outputs, pull sub wires out 1st)

The Alpine decks have a setting for the bass RCA output from 1-15. On setting 15 the RCA puts out the maximum 4 volts to the sub rca output. This was the only thing I didn’t like about Alpine decks. Yours may be set on a lower setting. This is not a bass boost setting.

If you disconnect the rca and test the voltage output you will likely see what I mean. If I remember right mine was less than 4 volts at maximum volume on the HU but the front and rear rca channels put out more.

the amp's potentiometer is 6 to 0.2, your other amps could have been 4 or 5 volts so those are more sensitive then this sundown. You'll need to raise sub level up higher and master volume controls near max to get a high pre-out voltage out of your deck.

yea mine is set to 15 already...i test a friend of mine audiopipe 1500d recently with the same settings on HU and the gain was barely @ 1/4

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.