So I just ordered 4 of these...

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
I don’t need know why but I’ve been obsessed with 8’s lately well the thought of having 2 8’s and I was online looking at dc m3 8’s, American bass Vfl 8’s, etc and I stumbled across an old school brand that in late 90s early 2000s had decent cheaper car audio Blaupunkt! A kraut company but at $13 a piece these can’t be made anywhere but China.

No idea what I’m gonna do with them but I’ve temporarily satisfied my 8” impulse buy for a lot cheaper then it was going to be.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blaupunkt-8-Single-Voice-Coil-Subwoofer-400-Watts/55486663

Lemme show you my 8"...

ilSP2Ko.jpg

I don’t need know why but I’ve been obsessed with 8’s lately well the thought of having 2 8’s and I was online looking at dc m3 8’s, American bass Vfl 8’s, etc and I stumbled across an old school brand that in late 90s early 2000s had decent cheaper car audio Blaupunkt! A kraut company but at $13 a piece these can’t be made anywhere but China.
No idea what I’m gonna do with them but I’ve temporarily satisfied my 8” impulse buy for a lot cheaper then it was going to be.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blaupunkt-8-Single-Voice-Coil-Subwoofer-400-Watts/55486663
The German and American made Blaupunkt were pretty nice but like most the other good brands they’ve been bought out ..the new Chinese stuff is crap about like Boss now days

hey 2" coil on a 8" for $13 i'm sure they'll be worth more than u paid as long as power is low..
Low power ahahahaha I’m half tempted to run them paralell on the sq2200.2 just to see how long and how much they’ll take

So I think I'm going to order one to play with. I'm a novice to this stuff. I haven't found a xmax (is that right?) measurement. How much space do you think is needed behind the sub in the box?

So I think I'm going to order one to play with. I'm a novice to this stuff. I haven't found a xmax (is that right?) measurement. How much space do you think is needed behind the sub in the box?
probably about .03-.04 cubes ported

A good 8 can be very impressive ..I’m gonna run 4 8s in my 84 S10 and two 8sin my 2013 Dodge Dart ..I’m currently working on systems in both
I remember when i had four 8s crammed into my MR2. I thought my neighbor was gonna have a stroke when i told him it was just eights.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
MattinMO
St.louis, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from