HU Crossover or Amp Crossover??

bbrodin

Just purchased a Sony HU that allows me to set crossover points. Does it affect the sound or make a difference if the xover is set with the amp or the HU. I would prefer to set it on the HU as I can pick the precise Hz, rather than guessing on an analog knob. I assume that I would just need to turn all xovers on the amp to their base numbers and let the HU do the work. Does it make a difference? Thoughts?

Just purchased a Sony HU that allows me to set crossover points. Does it affect the sound or make a difference if the xover is set with the amp or the HU. I would prefer to set it on the HU as I can pick the precise Hz, rather than guessing on an analog knob. I assume that I would just need to turn all xovers on the amp to their base numbers and let the HU do the work. Does it make a difference? Thoughts?
If you use both crossovers you would change your slope and you my have under over lap frequency gaps ..it’s best to use the decks crossover and set your amp flat and bypass ..

Only has a 50-250hz knob. Its a 1 channel amp a RF 501bd
If the amp lp is undefeatable id just use the amps LPF like I said using multiple crossovers deck processor amp ..ect increases your crossover slope and will have weird effects on the sound ..your deck should have a setting for through but still maintain the sub level for adjusting bass level ..I’ve done a lot of research on this area when I was competing ..because a lot of the bigger amps had undefeatable crossovers as well ..I’ve gained over a decibel in competition by just using the amps crossover and bypassing the decks internals ..

If you use both crossovers you would change your slope and you my have under over lap frequency gaps ..it’s best to use the decks crossover and set your amp flat and bypass ..
Can overlap and gap be used in same context 😂😂😂 

Ok so it's best to use deck. Great thanks answers my question. 

...even on a holiday.
Not this one ☝😂😂😂

If the amp lp is undefeatable id just use the amps LPF like I said using multiple crossovers deck processor amp ..ect increases your crossover slope and will have weird effects on the sound ..your deck should have a setting for through but still maintain the sub level for adjusting bass level ..I’ve done a lot of research on this area when I was competing ..because a lot of the bigger amps had undefeatable crossovers as well ..I’ve gained over a decibel in competition by just using the amps crossover and bypassing the decks internalsintern
Incressing slope does not always equal bad effects 

Ok so it's best to use amp. Or not! Lol

I like to use both. Is there not an application for this? Why choose between hu with limited frequencies cross or amp with limited slopes ect. Using both will give steeper slopes and more frequencies to choose from. sometimes this is encouraged/sought after. No? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Can overlap and gap be used in same context 😂😂😂 

Ok so it's best to use deck. Great thanks answers my question. 

Not this one ☝😂😂😂

Incressing slope does not always equal bad effects 

Ok so it's best to use amp. Or not! Lol

I like to use both. Is there not an application for this? Why choose between hu with limited frequencies cross or amp with limited slopes ect. Using both will give steeper slopes and more frequencies to choose from. sometimes this is encouraged/sought after. No? Thanks
necro commenting again, YAY!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.