Sign in to follow this  
Qbenjamin

8" Subwoofers For Limited Space Options

I've been trying to search on the site for options, but the search function keeps giving me an error for some reason.

I'm looking for option(s) on a subwoofer that can work under the backseat of my truck. I'm more of an SQL guy, but I'm only going to be giving the sub

The height is an issue for me, as my max can only be 8.5." The depth isn't as big of an issue, but it is limited to 11" max. So for these reasons, I can only do an 8" sub or less.

Some subs I've looked at: JL W8AE (very pricey); Kicker 44L7 (not a fan of the company; 450w RMS) & Sundown SA-8v3 (#1 option atm).

I'm open to other suggestions, but please no funky pups or anything like that.

Thanks for your feedback.

th_Tesla%203.jpg

Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U

Traded with Ref's:: Spike_e; jnoel; Sundownz

Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; JL W6v2; Ported Enclosure @ 32hz; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

What sounds good to you, may sound like crap to me...

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

Saw that one, but they are out of stock until end of month.

th_Tesla%203.jpg

Sold to Ref's: IonSQL; envengineer; BAD_MAYHEM; oxsign; dvrmstrng; corto; wong05tsx; mrdurden; dirtyg; Cheesemind; gladiator_jai; bumpincrv; nycking23; slikvik; Mr.Ronin_2U

Stock H/U; AudioControl Lc6i; Alpine PDX-V9; Focal Components & Coaxials; JL W6v2; Ported Enclosure @ 32hz; Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Just noticed that I may not even be able to run most 8" woofers, since I need at least 1.5" for top and bottom MDF pieces. I'd rather not drill into those pieces when mounting the sub, or have the sub protrude past the edges of the top/bottom MDF pieces.

th_Tesla%203.jpg

Saw that one, but they are out of stock until end of month.

Well that sucks.

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

Well that sucks.

All good. Also made me take a second look at the Sundown X-6.5. I'd need two of them, but idc.

th_Tesla%203.jpg

The two 8s ciaonzo is selling would be perfect. It would also take them off of the market so I don't buy them. :)

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4

HU: CD7200MKII

Front Stage: SI TM25/ID X-69

Front Stage Amp: PG Ti21000.4

Sub Stage: Sundown SD-3 12 x2 (soon to be 3 SA-8v3s in a CSCStang TLine)

Sub Stage Amp: PG Ti22000.1

You could always make some spacers to raise the seat an inch or two.

I concur.

The two 8s ciaonzo is selling would be perfect. It would also take them off of the market so I don't buy them. :)

My thoughts exactly k5.

2013 Cadillac SRX Performance package

Cadillac CUE Entertainment System

10 speaker Bose premium

Incriminator Audio IA20.1

Stereo Integrity HST12MKII

Bought from; mylows10 x5, double07 x6, ssteele x1, boxxcd x1, vecticus x1, 72impala x1, treesive x1, jaeguerra909 x1, pinoy2o9 x1, michaellane x1, trumpet x1, ricoshay x1, boomsday x1, mitchell0715 x1, Jeffdachef x1. Sold to; mrfoca x1, Treo 15 x2, Trades; AnthonyO x1, Shauncox26 x1, loudenuff x1

I’m not tracking on this comment, how can I make more space when the seat is fixed at a certain height? It’s going into a 2018 Honda Ridgeline.

th_Tesla%203.jpg

Raise the seat by making spacers, made of wood or metal that would go between the seat brackets and the floor. I'm not familiar with your vehicle but I know there are kits for Dodge, Ford, and Chevy. You could check and see if any are available if you arent comfortable making your own.

Jl tw3’s are pretty solid woofers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idk how much different the new generation is to the first gen but I got two 8s under my rear seat. Actually working on a replacement slot port birch box. First box is an aero port. 8.5d 8.5h 50w. Subs rear fire elbow ported to the front. Subs are squeezed in for sure. Ports extend out the box around 5 inches. 2 3" ports. Just built that box to get the subs in there. Could've used 1 4 but port velocity was better with 2 3s. 1.38 gross 1.00 net.

new box is 9.25 bottom depth 13 top. 50"w 7.25 h. Subs up port side. plenty of room on top for subs. Could do a single 10.Using a small extra baffle on top to raise the subs so I can get the port underneath the subs. The difficult part is getting enough port area with the subs unloading onto the port. Mine will run across the bottom of the box underneath the subs and then up at an angle along the back of the box. The back of the box goes up at a 30 degree angle. 1.55 gross .93 net. Will be approximately 12" of port width and a little over 1.5" h. Using type r 8.Anyway you should be able to get 8s in there unless they changed something to effect the width under the seats.

2006 ridgeline hu:KW ddx9903s morel 5.25 maximo comps 6.5 maximo coaxial 2 Dayton ultimax 8s 1.65 @35 amp Rf t1000x5ab

work truck 2017 international pro star Alpine ute62 hu. Amps RF t1000.5ad 4 ch mode infinity k1000  sa 15 3.84 @ 35hz or 2 type s12 6.3 @ 41 hz  or jbl s3 2.0 36hz. or nvx  vcw 10 1.1 @ 32hz  2 8 " eminence pro woofers. 2" Dayton rs52fn midrange. 1 1/8 Dayton dc28f silk dome tweeters.

Just a thought but the jl microsub box with 2 8w3's? Box may fit under your seat.

2007 Dodge Ram Quad cab

JL Audio cp108lg 8w3v3 in ported JL box

Hertz esk components up front

JL xd500/3 for both

Kenwood Excelon x998

Just a thought but the jl microsub box with 2 8w3's? Box may fit under your seat.

150W RMS is too low, need a minimum of 300, but would prefer a solo sub.

th_Tesla%203.jpg

Sundown SD-2 8's would solve your problem as they only need a 4.75 inch mounting depth and they can be mounted right against the inside of the box. They also only require .25 to .5 cubic feet each and they are rated at 300RMS each. You could get a couple of these and downfire them. Just leave at least an inch from the top of the surround so they don't hit the floor.

Sundown SD-2 8's would solve your problem as they only need a 4.75 inch mounting depth and they can be mounted right against the inside of the box. They also only require .25 to .5 cubic feet each and they are rated at 300RMS each. You could get a couple of these and downfire them. Just leave at least an inch from the top of the surround so they don't hit the floor.

Thx, but the depth isn't the issue, it's the height. If the sub's overall diameter exceeds 8", that's where I have a slight issue now.

All good, people have suggested plenty of good options here, I appreciate the input provided so far.

th_Tesla%203.jpg

Thx, but the depth isn't the issue, it's the height. If the sub's overall diameter exceeds 8", that's where I have a slight issue now.

All good, people have suggested plenty of good options here, I appreciate the input provided so far.

Firing them at the floor would take that out of the equation.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this