8" Subwoofers For Limited Space Options

Qbenjamin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Braavos
I've been trying to search on the site for options, but the search function keeps giving me an error for some reason.

I'm looking for option(s) on a subwoofer that can work under the backseat of my truck. I'm more of an SQL guy, but I'm only going to be giving the sub

The height is an issue for me, as my max can only be 8.5." The depth isn't as big of an issue, but it is limited to 11" max. So for these reasons, I can only do an 8" sub or less.

Some subs I've looked at: JL W8AE (very pricey); Kicker 44L7 (not a fan of the company; 450w RMS) & Sundown SA-8v3 (#1 option atm).

I'm open to other suggestions, but please no funky pups or anything like that.

Thanks for your feedback.

Just noticed that I may not even be able to run most 8" woofers, since I need at least 1.5" for top and bottom MDF pieces. I'd rather not drill into those pieces when mounting the sub, or have the sub protrude past the edges of the top/bottom MDF pieces.

The two 8s ciaonzo is selling would be perfect. It would also take them off of the market so I don't buy them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You could always make some spacers to raise the seat an inch or two.
I’m not tracking on this comment, how can I make more space when the seat is fixed at a certain height? It’s going into a 2018 Honda Ridgeline.

Raise the seat by making spacers, made of wood or metal that would go between the seat brackets and the floor. I'm not familiar with your vehicle but I know there are kits for Dodge, Ford, and Chevy. You could check and see if any are available if you arent comfortable making your own.

idk how much different the new generation is to the first gen but I got two 8s under my rear seat. Actually working on a replacement slot port birch box. First box is an aero port. 8.5d 8.5h 50w. Subs rear fire elbow ported to the front. Subs are squeezed in for sure. Ports extend out the box around 5 inches. 2 3" ports. Just built that box to get the subs in there. Could've used 1 4 but port velocity was better with 2 3s. 1.38 gross 1.00 net.

new box is 9.25 bottom depth 13 top. 50"w 7.25 h. Subs up port side. plenty of room on top for subs. Could do a single 10.Using a small extra baffle on top to raise the subs so I can get the port underneath the subs. The difficult part is getting enough port area with the subs unloading onto the port. Mine will run across the bottom of the box underneath the subs and then up at an angle along the back of the box. The back of the box goes up at a 30 degree angle. 1.55 gross .93 net. Will be approximately 12" of port width and a little over 1.5" h. Using type r 8.Anyway you should be able to get 8s in there unless they changed something to effect the width under the seats.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.