Bass blocker need help

gmctrucks
10+ year member

Ok people I have some 4X6 speakers up front on my truck and I want to use them for nothing but for high notes now I’m super confused on which bass blocker to use please help a brother out??

Thanks! RJ

Let me add this my HU is a Alpine cda9857 and my back speakers are 6x9 I’m not running much bass on them because I have a 12” Subwoofer so that’s why I want nothing but highs on the front 4X6 speakers again I need your professional help so I can hear my music they way I like it and I don’t want to blow the front speakers I forgot to add this I have a four channel JBL amp for the front and back speakers and a old school amp pushing my Subwoofer

Ok people I have some 4X6 speakers up front on my truck and I want to use them for nothing but for high notes now I’m super confused on which bass blocker to use please help a brother out??Thanks! RJ

Let me add this my HU is a Alpine cda9857 and my back speakers are 6x9 I’m not running much bass on them because I have a 12” Subwoofer so that’s why I want nothing but highs on the front 4X6 speakers again I need your professional help so I can hear my music they way I like it and I don’t want to blow the front speakers I forgot to add this I have a four channel JBL amp for the front and back speakers and a old school amp pushing my Subwoofer
https://www.ebay.com/i/263528593430?chn=ps&dispItem=1

These should do the job crossing over around 80hz which should be about right to meet your sub.

Thanks and so these should keep my 4X6 speakers from blowing and I was thinking of soldiering these online of the positive wire because if I ever want to try any other speakers it will already be in place.

Any other suggestions I don’t know much about this kind of stuff?

In the back or back speakers I’m running some Cherwin Vega 6X9 speakers which are just for my mids I think I don’t need to do nothing to them or am I wrong???

Thanks! RJ

I almost bought some 4X6 Polk speakers at Fry’s they were on clearance for $37.00 but I figure what I have my MA Audio or MB Quart speakers when I put the capacitor or bass blocker they should do the job just as well I hope I ordered what you recommend.

I almost bought some 4X6 Polk speakers at Fry’s they were on clearance for $37.00 but I figure what I have my MA Audio or MB Quart speakers when I put the capacitor or bass blocker they should do the job just as well I hope I ordered what you recommend.
we had s10 yrs ago i liked to cross the 4x6 high, like 200 basically use them as a big tweet.. maybe they'll handle 100hz depends on the speakers/location..

does your 4 channel jbl amp have high pass filters? most likely it does. use those
I don’t know beans about it can you explain here is some info remember I only want the fromt speakers to run highs.

4-channel car amplifier

60 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (85 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)

170 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)

switchable high-pass filters (80 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on front channels

variable high- and low-pass filters (32-320 Hz, 12 dB per octave) on rear channels

switchable bass boost (0, 12 dB at 45 Hz) on rear channels

preamp and speaker-level inputs

fuse rating: 20A x 2

8-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier

11-13/16"W x 2-1/16"H x 8-1/8"D

warranty: 1 year

Model JBL GX-A604

yeah if you have your front speakers connected to the amp you can turn on the high pass filter on those channels on the amp, this will only allow high frequencies to the speaker.

its better than the bass blocking capacitors that other people suggested that didn't actually read your post

Ok guys my amp does have the switch you guys are talking about thanks now I’m wondering where I should have the switch for my rear 6X9 speakers I want mids out of them because I have a Subwoofer that has it’s own Fosgate amp which I’m happy with the bass??

Thanks! RJ

Ok guys my amp does have the switch you guys are talking about thanks now I’m wondering where I should have the switch for my rear 6X9 speakers I want mids out of them because I have a Subwoofer that has it’s own Fosgate amp which I’m happy with the bass??Thanks! RJ
Mids cross between 60 and 120 depending on size power and application. Start at 80, go easy on the power at first and play around and see what blends best and what keeps you out of trouble as far as not over-driving the mids.

Thanks again guys for all the info and education I moved the switch on the amp and it really helped even without adjusting it I’m going to play with it and the bass blocker and heat shrink came in yesterday which I don’t need but might if I ever have a stereo running with no amp to adjust the highs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Made a BIG difference now Car Toyz charged $40.00 to adjust all the settings on the amps and my Alpine HU what do you think guys is it worth it????

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I found that HP switch adjustment knob was turned all the way up so I adjusted it some now I’m going to check where the back channel is that at which are for my 6 x 9 speakers but on my 6 x 9 speaker instruction manual it had for mids and highs and they did have some capacitors on them from the factory so if you guys have any other tips bring them on thanks again!

RJ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

If any of you guys have any input for my 6X9 to be only runnning mids and highs in where I should have the settings at look at the video it’s the same amp I have. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.