Jeffdachef

soundstream fukery RIP tn900.4

way ahead bro. the moment i slapped in the apline pdx v9, i was making space in a box for the junko amp.

Can you post a pic?[color="Silver

Pics should be posted now

Edited by Ridinhi

I think I'm going to order one of these and roast Soundstram if it comes out bad..... I have recommended that amp so many times the last 2 months I feel like I got punched in the stomach after seeing these pics.

Head Unit: Pioneer Avic-5201NEX

Amplifiers: Orion XTR1000.4, Alphard DB-2000.1D

Front Speakers: Infinity Perfect 600 Components

Rear Speakers: Image Dynamics ID6.5

Subwoofers: 2 JL Audio 12TW3-D4

I think I'm going to order one of these and roast Soundstram if it comes out bad..... I have recommended that amp so many times the last 2 months I feel like I got punched in the stomach after seeing these pics.

do it man!!! these people need to get called out on their shenanigans!!!

[quote name='Beentown']@bigblank69

Might be cool to do a comparison video. An original tn1200.1 compared to the new board version. Almost a call out if the new version doesn't compare.[/QUOTE][quote name='bigblank69']I think I'm going to order one of these and roast Soundstram if it comes out bad..... I have recommended that amp so many times the last 2 months I feel like I got punched in the stomach after seeing these pics.[/QUOTE]Hopefully there is still one around that you can directly compare old/new.

I’ve been recommending this amp for a while too. I appreciate OP bringing this to our attention. I will still recommend the original version since they have been great from my experience. I wonder how often this happens?

do it man!!! these people need to get called out on their shenanigans!!!

Word, that's a straight up bait and switch. Usually a Skar type of business practice.

giphy.gif

Perhaps I missed it but if there was nothing wrong with the old board, why make/switch it out to a new board?

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

How are the older Soundstream Picasso Nano amps? They came close to rated at least from some of the videos I saw posted on YouTube by Sonic Electronix from what I can remember. I thought that the Picasso Nano amps along w/ the PPI Phantom series amps and NVX amps were all from the same board.

How are the older Soundstream Picasso Nano amps? They came close to rated at least from some of the videos I saw posted on YouTube by Sonic Electronix from what I can remember. I thought that the Picasso Nano amps along w/ the PPI Phantom series amps and NVX amps were all from the same board.
Picasso Nanos are the same as Ion

Tarantula Nanos are the same as the Phantoms.

I have no complaints from the Picasso Nano or Ion. They don't blow away ratings but are tiny and reliable. From what I have seen around 5% under rated, certified. Little over dynamic.

Picasso Nanos are the same as Ion

Tarantula Nanos are the same as the Phantoms.

I have no complaints from the Picasso Nano or Ion. They don't blow away ratings but are tiny and reliable. From what I have seen around 5% under rated, certified. Little over dynamic.

Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

Grizz Archer is pretty much responsible for them making PPI/Soundstream half *** respectable again. He's responsible for the original phantoms, tarantula nanos, etc...

They rewarded him by canning him. Screw Epsilon. I'm glad this came to light so I can finally stop recommending their products completely.

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4

HU: CD7200MKII

Front Stage: SI TM25/ID X-69

Front Stage Amp: PG Ti21000.4

Sub Stage: Sundown SD-3 12 x2 (soon to be 3 SA-8v3s in a CSCStang TLine)

Sub Stage Amp: PG Ti22000.1

So all the new ppi 900.4 will be this crappy board as well ? Well I needed one more,as one of mine had a bad channel and was about to order one more but @ audiobaun wanted to trade his for my ppi 1000.1 I had sitting in its box. Sure glad he did ! But I did notice when I ordered three of them about 4 months ago I had trouble finding them and ended up ordering one at a time from three different places.

Pioneer Prs80, Rockford DSR1, Taramps 15000 HD, two 18 team FI , 4x PPI900.4s, Massive Audio CT2 tweeters, CDT 6.5 mids and 2 pr Anarchy midbass, 3 group31 juice box batterys , lots of 0 gauge and NRG aluminum hardware, Triple 300 amp CES hairpins, 4 Banks of 6 ultra caps.

Perhaps I missed it but if there was nothing wrong with the old board, why make/switch it out to a new board?

Because profit! :patrioti::greedy::greedy::greedy:

giphy.gif

Because profit! :patrioti::greedy::greedy::greedy:

Exactly.... Though I do wonder if the buildhouse is planning on ending production on it...

Exactly.... Though I do wonder if the buildhouse is planning on ending production on it...
I wonder if a company like NVX could go to the build house and request exclusivity? I wonder if this is the reasoning?

It's a shame, pretty shady to say the least. I mean the least they could do was put a revision notice on the site & packaging, MKII or .2 or something. Combined with a heads up or little explanation of sorts would keep this under control to some degree. This approach is losing customer base, big time.

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

I wonder if a company like NVX could go to the build house and request exclusivity? I wonder if this is the reasoning?

Seeing as the issues with Sonic... I don't see them paying for exclusivity

so i have the new soundstream in my hands, ill return it back to amazon. what amp should i replace it with?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now