Dub7sonoma
Premium Member

Premium Member
Take a look at these heffers.

4k rms and 6k max

4" voice coils

direct leads

weights roughly 60lbs

Here's some pics with a couple for comparison. From left to right is Soundqubed HDS3 12", Soundqubed HDC4 12" and DS18 Hooligan 12"

My goal is to break a 160 with 4 of these without a strictly burp build. So far Im running four on two DS18 9000s and plan to add 2 more 9ks

I often wondered about their products. I assume you are liking them. Quick heads up. In the pic of that 12 it looks like the spider pack/spacer is seperating. You can see the bolts running through it. Underneath it.

Looks good. What would you compare the subs to? Do the amps do rated?

Haha. I was surprised myself. I replaced those mids with the PRV neos and while there was a difference, it wasn't big.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
ive got a set of PRV mids and massive audio tweets im waiting to put in once this arctic tundra thaws lol

ive got a set of PRV mids and massive audio tweets im waiting to put in once this arctic tundra thaws lol
There loud that's for sure. Which I love. What are using for processing? Sorry to hijack the thread though. I'm curious to hear he's opinion on the subs compared to what he had before
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

grammatical errors in their "about us" are always a good sign. The word "Attitude" shouldnt have been capitalized LoL!!!!

The DS18 brand stands out from other lines in its progressive design and “never-stop-innovating”Attitude

Diameter is much more important than height with ferrite magnets. It is likely the Q is a better performer for 4" coil. Also if those will take a 4000W sine wave for more than half a minute I'd be amazed. My bet would be slinky in under 2 minutes.

Questionable op standards. Prolly doesnt take much to impress him.

q67CvMH.jpg

Diameter is much more important than height with ferrite magnets. It is likely the Q is a better performer for 4" coil. Also if those will take a 4000W sine wave for more than half a minute I'd be amazed. My bet would be slinky in under 2 minutes.
Aren't RMS ratings usually on pink noise not sine waves? A 4k rms sine wave seems pretty ridiculous, but you get pretty close to that with a 20a outlet wired appropriately and I've seen subs take that for minutes not 30 seconds

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.