Advise on tweeter upgrade

bajbass

baj
I recently upgrade my front mids to precision power 6.5 pro audio but my polk mm tweets don't seem to keep up with them at high volume and seem to lose detail....I was looking to get the massive ct-2 tweets are they decent or anything better?ps I have a ppi phatom 900.4 150w X 4 channel amp.

I've had both, the sb acoustics neo dont even come close to the ct-2s in every aspect lol. They are nice and solid feel but thats just about it. Soundstage, upper frequency response, overall output capabilities/sensitivity are all sub par in comparison even directly on axis or whatever orientation you can think of. However if i never heard the ct-2s, I would have liked the sb neos.

I've had both, the sb acoustics neo dont even come close to the ct-2s in every aspect lol. They are nice and solid feel but thats just about it. Soundstage, upper frequency response, overall output capabilities/sensitivity are all sub par in comparison even directly on axis or whatever orientation you can think of. However if i never heard the ct-2s, I would have liked the sb neos.
Just throwing out a responsible suggestion for the guy. Never heard the ct-2 so I'll take your word for it.
I have plenty of other suggestions and believe me, they would leave a shit print on both of those.

I had the ct-2, It's loud. I found the sq to be terrible. At louder volumes it was also quite fatiguing . I use a vifa xt right now that sounds wonderful smooth, full of detail, a wide open lively tone. it handles my system at full volume keeping up with dayton 7's getting 180w a channel and my dayton midrange, it along with the vifa tweeter are seeing 80w I believe from my ppi black ice? I do have the gain dialed back some though. ( and yeah i registered to post this, thats how much i, personally, disliked the ct-2 lol )

I had the ct-2, It's loud. I found the sq to be terrible. At louder volumes it was also quite fatiguing . I use a vifa xt right now that sounds wonderful smooth, full of detail, a wide open lively tone. it handles my system at full volume keeping up with dayton 7's getting 180w a channel and my dayton midrange, it along with the vifa tweeter are seeing 80w I believe from my ppi black ice? I do have the gain dialed back some though. ( and yeah i registered to post this, thats how much i, personally, disliked the ct-2 lol )
how was your EQ set? depending on your vehicle acoustics and tweeter positioning, you might need to tone down 3khz to 8khz.

I recently upgrade my front mids to precision power 6.5 pro audio but my polk mm tweets don't seem to keep up with them at high volume and seem to lose detail....I was looking to get the massive ct-2 tweets are they decent or anything better?ps I have a ppi phatom 900.4 150w X 4 channel amp.
You might be like me and need to step up and get a set of titanium tweets and get away from soft dome tweets

I have the SB Acoustics ring dome tweeters mentioned above and love them. So smooth and detailed with a wide soundstage although they do tend to roll off early off axis more than some above 15k. Their midrange clarity and detail in a two way setup and their low fs is very good for a tweeter their size.

I had the Massive Audio CT2 tweeters and they definitely have good off axis response and get loud but in a two way setup I personally like great solid midrange and smooth detailed highs where you can hear every tiny detail; the SB Acoustics tweeters win for me their. The Massive Audio tweeters also needed more EQ from my DSP compared to other tweeters I tried from Morel and Peerless. I can see why Jeff likes the Massive Audio tweeters. Just look at the power he is running compared to mine. My front stage is just 300 watts RMS and 500 Watts RMS for the sub and although I like my systems to be able to get loud, I typically listen to them at low volumes like 10-20 out of 50.

Parts Express has some really good tweeters that are penny’s on the dollar compared to car audio specific brands and can sound as good or better. The Tang Bang tweeters in my truck are one axample. Madisound is another good online store to look for speaker drivers and they have many other SB Acoustics tweeters you can try too.

Currently I have Celestion 2-7/8” full range drivers covering from 800 to 15,000 hz with Dayton Audio air motion tweeters taking care of 15k and up in the dash of my CX5. Of all the setups and tweeters I have tried, these Celestion full range drivers have the widest sound stage, the most detail, and just sound the most realistic I have ever heard. I don’t think that they would be a good fit for anyone who wants it louder than what my systems are capable of though with their 8 ohm impedance and small size but they do keep up with my SB door woofers and Sundown sub just fine. They may be a good fit for you but I’m not sure what you’re after.

Still loving my ct2 s Jeff ! Glad I took your advice !

Ok so the tweeters were delivered yesterday and i install them lastnight i must say they really shine in the upper frequencies where the mm tweeters were more tame..really give my music more sparkle to it, didnt really had to chance to tune them just right but they dont seem harsh at all and they keep up with my PA speakers better that the mm tweeters, right now i have them cross at 4k with a 24 db slope will try a lower crossover point and play with the slopes to get them perfect...THX

I really enjoy my CDT tweeters, but they're run on their own channels

I still have some of the polk mm tweeters in my kicks, might change them out to the CT-2S as recommended

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.