Dual vs. Skar

EdysBrath

I was looking into grabbing one of these new cheap DUAL DA10004D amps for $100 to power some 60w RMS door speakers. Then I realized for about the same price I could just buy one of the various similar 80w x4 amps from SKAR, the DUAL is also 80w x4.

Opinions?

o.png

I was looking into grabbing one of these new cheap DUAL DA10004D amps for $100 to power some 60w RMS door speakers. Then I realized for about the same price I could just buy one of the various similar 80w x4 amps from SKAR, the DUAL is also 80w x4.
Opinions?

o.png
If looking at that amp, save some money and grab the Dual XPR84D from Walmart $89 and you can grab a 2 year warranty from them for $8. I Dyno'd the 2 channel version and it's a nice amp for the price. I have an XPR84D here now and can confirm the ratings are legit... and doesn't sound bad at all.

Opinions?

o.png
skar.. if not listen to blank since he test amps., or even get sq s1 4 channel $149 (he tested that too)

The dual bigblank recommends is korean. Skar RP series amps are chinese. Let that sink in.
Nope the DA10004D series and XPR (Walmart edition XPR82 and 84's only) are in fact chinese. Their are Korean DA series mini amps and Big DA Series monoblocks that are Korean. Dual is all over the map. The Chinese Mini's are impressive, same amps as the DS18 Candy series...

You can get a Skar SK-M series amp that is Korean.... but gut instincts are telling me they are the same amps as the Korean PPI Ion, Soundstream Picasso Nano and Power Acoustik RZR amps.... Also Korean made.

There are a few people who hate on skar basded on bad business practices, but a few of their amps are good...they just choose not to support a company that way. Out of those two, Skar would be the overall winner. However, a popular 4 ch amp would be ppi 900.4

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.