Subwoofer Selection advice

giltyler

Senior VIP Member
Hi

Looking for 12” pair for a Ram 2500 crew under seat box May get Net Audio 1 cube per side shared or

Fox Acoustic 1.55 per side ported. The port looks small in person though

Not ruling out 10” if it makes things better

Amp PPI Black Ice 7000 at 1 ohm (this could be flipped for something else)

Budget $500 for pair

200 amp alt with dual Batts big 3 all 1/0 Ofc

Net Audio

Mounting depth on these boxes is around 9″ for 10s and 8.25″ for 12s. All measurements are based off of a 6″ diameter magnet. The depth doesn’t change for a 10, but with 12s, they hit the sloped back wall of the box if the magnet is too big. For example, a sub 12″ sub with a 7″ magnet may only be able to be around 7.5″ deep, where a 5″ magnet sub could be 8.75″.

Fox

MOUNTING DEPTH: 7.25" WITH A 6.5" DIAMETER MAGNET

FINISH AND COLOR: SPRAY COATED WITH BLACK LINE-X BED

I'd say do 2 10s in the fox box, that's what I run in my 2013 ram and it sounds good and gets plenty loud. I'm using 2 subs built by Corey dean, built off of sa motors.

I'd say do 2 10s in the fox box, that's what I run in my 2013 ram and it sounds good and gets plenty loud. I'm using 2 subs built by Corey dean, built off of sa motors.
I agree. Way more output than sealed. My only caveat is I have never ran that much power to any of mine. 1400 watts is the most I've run. I use 10's in all of them just for box size restrictions. If I were to run sealed it would be the NetAudio box. Well made, albeit expensive. 

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

What amp?

These guys are more up to date on what sub would be best for your power. In mine I run:

Dayton HO's on 1400 watts

JBL GT5-10's on around 500 watts

SA-10's on around 1000 watts

IMO, the Daytons are the best all around in this particular setup. The SA's go lower.

I have to roll down windows for what seems like much sub output no matter the setup.

If you are replying to me the OP I may give those a go but the information on their site seems off on the recommendation for Box size
i was indeed, kinda jokingly with all the buzz in the subwoofers threads right now, but EXOContralto did a review on the 12 and it seemed to be pretty vicious. Sundown is the darling of the forums tho. Bad a$$ woofers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.