The wife, kids, and car audio

Your wife

• Hates car audio and maybe even wants it gone.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Doesn’t care either way

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Loves car audio and even supports it.

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Jcsaudio

Senior VIP Member
I wanted to start a new thread about your car audio experiences and what your wife (or in the rare case husband) thinks about it. I got the inspiration from this thread http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/636175-work-truck-3.html#post8949284 where the discussion at the end went off topic and I didn’t want to hijack the thread.

I would say my wife is the typical wife that generally dislikes this hobby because it costs a lot of money, takes a lot of time, and in her eyes is just plain stupid. It started out when someone posted that they have 100 amplifiers in a 12 x 12 room that they dust once a month. I told her this and her reply was “that guy needs a girlfriend and if he was my husband he would find all 100 of those amplifiers in the street on fire.” Lol. My 11 year old daughter on the other hand loves it, especially the pounding bass from the subwoofer. She knows what good sound is like and is quick to point out to her friends what doesn’t sound good. My younger son kind of doesn’t care all that much yet.

So the rule is to post your experiences, love or hate, with your significant other. Post your stories, especially the funny ones. You must keep it on topic, clean, and no flame wars please which means keep the snide comments out. If you quote someone, it cannot be an insult that usually turns into a flame war.

I know if your like me with kids, many of these hobbies get kicked to the “someday I’ll list” as more important things take priority. Last there is also a pole if you don’t want to share your story.

My wife is actually really cool about it I mean every once in awhile she gives me that you're a ******* look when I tell her how much something cost or slip up and say how much I have and you missed it at this point and don't even have it playing yet but for the most part she has her hobbies and I support her and I have my hobbies and she supports me guess I'm just lucky like that

My wife doesn't get it but she also doesn't give me any grief about it. I am a hobby guy so she is accustomed to me blowing tons of money on "stupid stuff". At least this hobby is cheaper than my bike hobby.

I didn’t tell anyone that the Toyota Sienna in my signature that I pay for is the car she drives and when I bought it I didn’t say anything about any stereo upgrades. The previous car had a new Alpine deck, new component speakers, 4-channel amplifier, and JL subwoofer with mono amp. She went two weeks with the crappy stock Toyota system before she asked me to improve it some. Of course that opened the door to a full out new radio, amplifiers, and an active system with better components and more power, which she now admittedly enjoys every day, lol. Sometimes she just talks a lot but doesn’t follow through because like everything I do, I get excessive about it sometimes and she knows it all to well.

my wife hates me and my car and my stereo about equally... however the 1 time a month she's in my car she don't mind when i blast her rod stewart cd

Mine carps and whines about the cost... regardless of all the complaining she loves it when I start really getting stoopid and am flexing the dashboard. Once I swapped my 30hz daily box for a burp box to meter it and the very next day she was askin what happened as apparently as she stated the coils (her words... lol) were stinkin'. After questioning her at length it seems that she was tryin to open it up at 35hz and under pretty much at full power. I believe "Behind Blue Eyes" Djsnt was the specific song. This was a 50hz Frankenstein box and had no under 40Hz lows but she missed watching the roof flex above the mirror. I never suspected that she'd even pass 1/4 volume when alone. And try some rebassed slowed stuff to boot. I'm lucky my subs survived as according to her the smell was so bad she opened the hatch to see and smoke was wisping out the port.

Same as my 64 Nova (Chevy II).. she swore that it was a POS and not fun to drive.... sure wilbur... the critic got a ticket for exhibition of speed and drag racing when coming off a light next to an unmarked Mustang from the state boys... I guess that big block was too tempting to not let loose when next to a Mustang 5.0... Cost me $1150 too... lol

She hates the cost but loves the result... I guess she supports me in this hobby... it's a LOT less expensive than my previous hobbies or habits.

H*ll... she remembers when I pursued SQ as a competitor and the exorbitant prices I paid for gear back then.

I had a girlfriend once tell me I need to choose between her and my car audio ..I told her I’ve had harder choices in a McDonalds drive through ..needless to say she became history...
I actually laughed out loud to this! My wife isn't happy about the cost of the things I want but she definitely likes the SSA XCON 15 in her Yukon! It's a little under powered by the FSD1600 but it still bumps for sure.

There are still a few real women left out there they're just getting harder and harder to find funny how in a man's youth he lives for one night stands but as we grow older priorities change I meant my wife when we were both 15 years old started dating at 16 I'm 34 now and we have been together ever since which a really like winning the lottery nowadays

Still on the lookout for a girl that enjoys this sh*t.... even remotely would be fine... All b*tches want nowadays is a one night stand.
poor guy!! as a man that's been married to the same evil bit*h for 27 yrs and we can't afford to break up... let me say SHUT THE F UP!!!

poor guy!! as a man that's been married to the same evil bit*h for 27 yrs and we can't afford to break up... Let me say shut the f up!!!
ah haha! Haha! Ahahhahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahaha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Jcsaudio

Senior VIP Member
Jcsaudio
Worcester, MA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views