American made amplifiers

The only one that comes to mind right now is Mmats. I know that up until a couple of years ago Rockford Fosgate’s high end amps (power series) were US made, but the prime and punch series were not. I am not sure if that is still true.

The only one that comes to mind right now is Mmats. I know that up until a couple of years ago Rockford Fosgate’s high end amps (power series) were US made, but the prime and punch series were not. I am not sure if that is still true.
China. All china. Been that way for a long time.

MMATs and ZED. Top shelf ARC. Linear power. It’s really not worth it. We do not make the best amps.
Top shelf arc audio and linear power are pretty amazing but also way overpriced.

I'm between zeff designs or zed designs I'd go zeff all day if budget and space allows for it.

Do we make the best amps well that's debatable the Germans and Italians both make good product as well

Korean amps and even some higher end Chinese amps can be really good though. I'd by Korean first if possible

Top shelf arc audio and linear power are pretty amazing but also way overpriced.
I'm between zeff designs or zed designs I'd go zeff all day if budget and space allows for it.

Do we make the best amps well that's debatable the Germans and Italians both make good product as well

Korean amps and even some higher end Chinese amps can be really good though. I'd by Korean first if possible
global feedback makes a difference. every amp ive heard with it sounded substantial better.

arc

lunar

mmats

I'm looking to purchase an amplifier and would like it to be American made if possible. Sorry if this has been discussed before, I tried using the search feature with no luck. Just curious what my options are? Thanks.
I have a lot of American made amps in my collection..but most stuff these days is Chinese crap even the stuff that was marginal ok made in Korea has now switched to China..I’ve been selling off my collection so I may have something good you could use

It's more a matter of if you can afford it lol

MMats is the only one I know of completely made in the US (besides the internal components)

Thanks for all your responses. I'm like everyone else and I just want the best bang for my buck. I'm definitely not made of money (wife and 3 growing boys) but I'd also like to support an American company if possible. I'm just doing my homework for all this now. I still have to buy a deck (leaning towards Pioneer 80prs) and trying to figure out what 4 channel amp to buy. My 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk has a lifetime powertrain warranty so I plan on keeping it for a long time. I just want to do it right the first time. The mmats ls800x4 seems reasonably priced at $219. I've read on here about the Soundstream tn900.4 being a good amp as well but the price for the mmats I mentioned earlier is not that far off. Just trying to support American companies where possible. Thanks again for all your input! I really enjoy this forum!

[quote name='Muffdogg']Thanks for all your responses. I'm like everyone else and I just want the best bang for my buck. I'm definitely not made of money (wife and 3 growing boys) but I'd also like to support an American company if possible. I'm just doing my homework for all this now. I still have to buy a deck (leaning towards Pioneer 80prs) and trying to figure out what 4 channel amp to buy. My 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk has a lifetime powertrain warranty so I plan on keeping it for a long time. I just want to do it right the first time. The mmats ls800x4 seems reasonably priced at $219. I've read on here about the Soundstream tn900.4 being a good amp as well but the price for the mmats I mentioned earlier is not that far off. Just trying to support American companies where possible. Thanks again for all your input! I really enjoy this forum![/QUOTE]

The prices on mmats website are about 3x of what the dealer gets them for on the higher end amps... yes I know that to be a fact for most of their amps. Don't expect to get it for that price, but speak to a dealer for best results.

I would also ask if the lower series like that are actually american made, I doubt they are. Either way you will be supporting an american company who invests in great designs

@bigblank69
I had no idea mmats made a budget 4 channel, it's a bit above the price of others but it's class ab and mmats. Any interest in putting it on the amp dyno? The ppi900.4 is/was around $200, so for a small increase to get a brand like this would be a killer deal.

edit: it says MAX ratings... so maybe not. I can't believe mmats is using max power ratings

[quote name='wew lad']The prices on mmats website are about 3x of what the dealer gets them for on the higher end amps... yes I know that to be a fact for most of their amps. Don't expect to get it for that price, but speak to a dealer for best results.

I would also ask if the lower series like that are actually american made, I doubt they are. Either way you will be supporting an american company who invests in great designs

@bigblank69
I had no idea mmats made a budget 4 channel, it's a bit above the price of others but it's class ab and mmats. Any interest in putting it on the amp dyno? The ppi900.4 is/was around $200, so for a small increase to get a brand like this would be a killer deal.

edit: it says MAX ratings... so maybe not. I can't believe mmats is using max power ratings[/QUOTE]

MMats lower lines are made in China, I looked at them before but if I am go8ng to do a budget 4 channel from a higher line I want to try a Zapco ST-SQ

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.