Soundstream PN4.520D Picasso 4ch vs HiFonics BEX850.4

jeeper2269
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Any thoughts?

To power

2xKicker KSC65. 6.5” for each back doors.

2xboston Accoustics rx6x9

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

I’m open to suggestions about what amp would power these speakers best.

I run the Picasso Nano 4 and mono in one vehicle and PPI Ions in another (same amps). All work great. REALLY tiny. All of mine measured over rated @ 2ohms stereo.

I have one with the NVX line and they are great also.

Had a bit of ground noise with the Soundstream set up but when I used a common ground between HU and amps it went away.

Thank you. I was wondering if the hifonix amps are anywhere close to the quality they were twenty years ago.
Not even close. I still have some VII, and VIII series that still work as good as the day I bought them

I run the Picasso Nano 4 and mono in one vehicle and PPI Ions in another (same amps). All work great. REALLY tiny. All of mine measured over rated @ 2ohms stereo.
I have one with the NVX line and they are great also.

Had a bit of ground noise with the Soundstream set up but when I used a common ground between HU and amps it went away.
PPI have been around for years and still make fairly decent amps. Im not sure if theyre QC is a bit different , but Ive never had one with issues or any Ive installed had any issues. Id buy what you are comfortable with and seems like you have experience with SStreams

Thank you. I was wondering if the hifonix amps are anywhere close to the quality they were twenty years ago.
My friend swears by hifonix amps. Says they are hella powerful and tough as hell. I have taken my chances and went against what he said and I bough a massive audio nx4 and it  was broken right out of the box. I just put it in last night and took it out today. He also said not to buy anything Fosgate but I did, the sixty.3 t800.4 1.5 pps4-tweeters , 4-6.5 pps4-6, 4-pps4-8s. The 3sixty.3 was junk also right out of the box and cost me a small fortune. So I’m on strike 2. One more thing goes bad I’m scrapping the whole thing and getting hifonix speakers and amps and kicker subs. Pisses me off because it took a lot of time to do the wiring and install to just tear it back out!

52E78806-6DAC-4DD1-A663-DB80CD8D58DC.jpeg

BD8CB575-92EA-483B-B286-76261B3B792F.jpeg

DB9F8234-105A-45F2-97FC-DECBBB20673F.jpeg

304ED7B2-EE8B-4C1D-A199-422B77450131.jpeg

Both are ****** garbage amps. Even the Massive amps I won't touch anymore. Had one particular amp and won't be buying ever again along with Suckstream and Hifonics.

@Jeffdachef has more insight for Hifonics. He can't stand them either.  Only one or 2 models of Hifonics amps are ok. RF amps are good, but their Prime series is expensive. For the cost of their 1500/2500 watt model I can get something twice as much wattage. I will say I did have SS amps for like 5 yrs.....glad I got rid of them. Their quality has gone downhill A LOT.

You want a real powerful 4 ch amp.....get one of these. .

067.jpg

002.jpg

1282.JPG

Any thoughts?

To power

2xKicker KSC65. 6.5” for each back doors.

2xboston Accoustics rx6x9

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

I’m open to suggestions about what amp would power these speakers best.
Why are you powering backdoors instead of the front which is where most of your sound comes from??

My friend swears by hifonix amps. Says they are hella powerful and tough as hell. I have taken my chances and went against what he said and I bough a massive audio nx4 and it  was broken right out of the box. I just put it in last night and took it out today. He also said not to buy anything Fosgate but I did, the sixty.3 t800.4 1.5 pps4-tweeters , 4-6.5 pps4-6, 4-pps4-8s. The 3sixty.3 was junk also right out of the box and cost me a small fortune. So I’m on strike 2. One more thing goes bad I’m scrapping the whole thing and getting hifonix speakers and amps and kicker subs. Pisses me off because it took a lot of time to do the wiring and install to just tear it back out!
Make your own thread and we can trouble shoot your issues.  That massive amp is garbage though for sure. The rest sounds like a tuning and system setup error. The 3sixty.3 software is finicky. 

Hifonics is complete garbage nowadays. Its not from what we say... look at any hifonics amplifier dyno videos where they test for true RMS out of the amp. their top of the line brutus elite series 1700 rms amp that debut with a retail price of 300 dollars only did 1200 rms clean at really high voltage.  Thats literally power acoustik levels of false advertisement. At the local repair shop they see more hifonics amps coming in than any other amp because in socal all these ghetto bangers know is hifonics and kickers.

Meanwhile we got amps costing 180 dollars making 2600 rms solid on the dyno. so you tell me whats really a good deal. rockford and hifonics is not the way to go at all when it comes to best bang for buck. Massive amps are in the hifonics class of amps too. junk.

reliable my @ss this guy repairs thousands of amps professionally and he says hifonics is one of the worst amps out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.