HMBR

JVC KD-X340BTS "No file" Error

Hi Everyone

I tried to update the Firmware on my "JVC KD-X340BTS" the update failed to run correctly and now the Radio is stuck displaying "NO FILE". I have tried:-

- pushing the reset button

- Unplugging the Harness

The radio is still stuck displaying "NO FILE" - I would like to reset the Radio back to its working status - anyone who can help me with this?

p.s. I cannot take the Radio into a shop for repairs as it is currently on a trip with me in Africa. I am capable of the repairs myself

Hi Everyone

I tried to update the Firmware on my "JVC KD-X340BTS" the update failed to run correctly and now the Radio is stuck displaying "NO FILE". I have tried:-

- pushing the reset button

- Unplugging the Harness

The radio is still stuck displaying "NO FILE" - I would like to reset the Radio back to its working status - anyone who can help me with this?

p.s. I cannot take the Radio into a shop for repairs as it is currently on a trip with me in Africa. I am capable of the repairs myself

is the display happening at all times or is it just when you plug your usb in?

Depending on the steps you took during the update, you might have ruined your head unit man, or your usb is bad/not compatible or the computer wrote the information onto the usb wrong.

http://www.jvc.net/cs/car/firmware/2017/kdr880bt/pdf/17KD_FWverup_en.pdf

Otherwise, call JVC tech support.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

The Display is on ALL the time and displaying "NO FILE" - when you press the volume knob it responds with "READING" then returns to "NO FILE". I have tried 3 different flash drives to see if that was the issue. each time the HU tries to read the drive then just responds with "NO FILE". The Engine was running during the attempted update.

Anyone with the update file - maybe that is the issue.

It sounds like the deck has been corrupted ..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3

StreetBeat 2................... 145.6

Stock 1801-up.................153.8

SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2

Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

"IF" the Deck has been Corrupted how would one go about correcting this ?

"IF" the Deck has been Corrupted how would one go about correcting this ?

jvc tech support and if that doesnt work, RMA and warranty return it.

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

What can we do if returning it is not an option, say for example the Unit has traveled around the world. I need a walkthrough on how to repair this unit - anyone who can help with this, please get in touch i would appreciate it.

What can we do if returning it is not an option, say for example the Unit has traveled around the world. I need a walkthrough on how to repair this unit - anyone who can help with this, please get in touch i would appreciate it.

I hope you can get it repaired but it’s probably easier to replace it with a new deck

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

again, call JVC tech support.

Hi - I SOLVED THIS PROBLEM

1- Disconnect the unit from the Harness for 5 days

2 - When doing firmware updates dont use any USB drives that come with their own software like a SanDisk - use a plain USB stick

3 - Plug the USB drive into the Unit before giving the Unit Power

4 - If you get a "No File" error keep retrying it will respond and update

2 - When doing firmware updates dont use any USB drives that come with their own software like a SanDisk - use a plain USB stick

Nice work man!! Glad you found the solution and are sharing it! Cheers! Will keep this in mind if my buddy ever needs to update the firmware on his x340bts

I’m glad you got it back up and going again

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi !

Glad to learn I'm not alone on the planet with this problem, although this topic is hard to spot on the web !

I own a JVC KD-X330BT, tried to upgrade it but same thing happened, got stuck on NO FILE on the dial.

Nothing works ! I did a reset, unplugged power plug in the back, but it still stuck.

One question please: why has the unit to stay unplugged for 5 days ? Did you try any shorter delay ?

Thanks a lot

Stephan

JVC.JPG

Fantastic, it worked all right !

Thank you so much HMBR, & wherever you are now, have a great day !

Stepobs,from the Flanders in France

PS: just by curiosity, if ever you come back here, how did you discover the "5 days" ? You need a helluva faith ...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now